July 24, 2014

Fox Cancels 'Glee' Reality Series

by Rich Keller, posted Jun 23rd 2010 12:40PM
FOX quietly ends the 'Glee'-based reality competition.Good news for those who think FOX's mega-hit 'Glee' has been overexposed to the point of show choir fatigue: not only has the idea of a 'Glee' movie been scrapped for the time being, but according to the Vulture, the network has quietly decided to shut down a reality competition that would have put unknown singers on the show.

The untitled project, which was announced back in January, asked viewers to submit audition videos to MySpace in order to vie for three new roles on the series. The finalists would then compete against each other in an 'American Idol'-style program, in which winners would be announced right around the time of the program's second season premiere.
Though the videos were collected by both FOX executives and 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy, it soon became clear that the review of these videos, as well as judging the performance of the finalists, would distract Murphy from working on the new season of 'Glee.'

This doesn't mean that all of the videos already submitted will be dumped into the virtual trash can. Murphy and his associates still intend to review the enties in order to choose a number of winners that will have a chance to appear on 'Glee' for at least one episode. No date has been given for when the winners will be selected.

Nick

I glad to see that there's an overwhelming majority of posters here who despise "reality" shows. The "reality" format is single handedly the worst thing ever to happen to television.

June 24 2010 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nick's comment
Nick

Oops... I meant to say I'm, not I. I just don't want to be called down for a teeny, tiny typo!

June 24 2010 at 10:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

So Fox dumps another one of it's prime idiot shows merely to make way for another prime idiot show to fill the time slot. Is there any hope left in television anymore? I doubt it.

June 24 2010 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

Here's the deal...this was a post about a reality show connected to 'Glee' and not about FNC or your political choices. Please keep to the subject.

And, for those who say that 'Glee' sucked or was crappy, can you tell me if you watching the show gave you this opinion.

June 23 2010 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lawrence fishberg

hey goblue...whatever.....the way you spell, I think you have been watching too much television.

June 23 2010 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lawrence fishberg's comment
Nick

Amen!

June 24 2010 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andy

I AM NOT GLEE-FUL NOW

June 23 2010 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aarwin

Thank God! One less so-called "Reality" show can only be good news to anyone with any self-respect. They are neither reality nor a show, but, rather, a carefully staged set-up for voyeur mentalities. Fans of "reality"shows---get a life!

June 23 2010 at 7:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Aarwin's comment
Nick

I agree 100%

June 24 2010 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suzy

At first I really thought they were talking about the
actual show Glee the sitcom. So when they were talking about a 'reality show' I had no idea why or what they were trying to say, until I read on through
the article, and now know, it's a totally different show! It is isn't it? Gee I hope I've got this right!

June 23 2010 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marktateusa

Good choice. This show sucked.

June 23 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shrivie65

Thank God.....

June 23 2010 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to shrivie65's comment
mary

it's bad enough fox aired good shows, then yanks them because of the silly ratings factor. as far i'm concerned, that scene (pictured above)looks like a number from "prison break" the musical....LOL!!!

June 23 2010 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keri

Personally i dont waste my time with those trashy programs..I cant understand how people get hooked whatching such a waste of time program

June 23 2010 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Keri's comment
Ben

It's called personal choice which isn't trashy or waste of a program as you have claim which is a lie.

June 23 2010 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply