April 24, 2014

Marg Helgenberger Says Yes to More 'CSI'

by Laura Prudom, posted Jul 8th 2010 3:20PM
Marg HelgenbergerLeaving Las Vegas? That's not on the cards for Marg Helgenberger, since the Ausiello Files is reporting that the 'CSI' vet has signed a new contract that will keep her on for the procedural's 11th season.

Helgenberger isn't the only investigator in search of a new deal; her co-stars George Eads, Eric Szmanda, and Paul Guilfoyle are also attempting to hammer out fresh contracts, along with Jorja Fox. Liz Vassey, on the other hand, will not be returning next season.
CBS has yet to offer an official statement on Vassey's departure, but a source close to the production told Ausiello that "the show is going in a new direction in its 11th season," which may explain the cast shuffle.

Laurence Fishburne, the 'Matrix' star and controversial new addition to 'CSI' in the wake of William Petersen's departure, has already inked a deal to keep him on the show through 2011.

Are you pleased with the news of Helgenberger's contract renewal? Will you be sad to see Vassey go? What new direction do you think the long-running crime drama will take after a decade on the air? Sound off below!

Donna

donna I will miss Marg and Lawrence but not enough to stop watching,the rest of the cast are doing just fine

August 03 2011 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John D. Mares

No Marg, no CSI, DOA

August 03 2011 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
atwlln

Yea!! What does pretty have to do with acting ability, kammgeers? I think she does a fantastic job and I am very happy she is staying. I agree with fiesty911 - I hope all current cast members stay on.

March 02 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kammgeers

I will not be sorry Marge is going. I liked her a lot before, this year, I think she is trying to stay young looking. it is not going well. With her weight loss, her face is showing every wrinkle and she just is not pretty any more. Anita

March 02 2011 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fiesty911

Type your comment here
I have watched from the beginning. Marg is a important part. Glad Marge is coming back and the original cast. It is like the original SNL when all changed I barely watch it.
Marge stay and in these times Old crew hope they stay to. When shooting is down do side things.
PLEASE STAY ALL OF YOU.

March 02 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rose

the old cast of csi las vegas was great. the new cast is phony. i only watch the old series

August 08 2010 at 6:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rose

i wish all of the old cast wasback. csi las vegas is mot the same. it is very phony and i do not watch it unless it is the old series

August 08 2010 at 6:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meggie

don't like Marg I would be happy to see her go.

July 15 2010 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PJIM424

Hate Fox. Hate the character too! I miss Petersen but I couldn't stomache the disgusting match with Fox. Warrick was my favorite. Sorry guys because I love the rest of you but that Fox woman(?) is just too horrible to watch. Move her to Miami her and that redheaded freak would make a great pair.

July 13 2010 at 7:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dolores

I couldn't wait for this show to come on, when sarah left it was not the same, then you let peterson go to be on broadway, that upset me again. I don't watch it much any more you have gotton rid of so many good actors, now it's just a show on tv nothing special.

July 09 2010 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply