November 23, 2014

Matthew Fox: Most Deserved Emmy Nomination?

by Andrew Scott, posted Jul 8th 2010 10:00AM
Matthew FoxOf all the Emmy nominations announced today, none surprised me more than Matthew Fox's nomination in the Best Leading Actor (Drama) category.

I say that in the best way possible, as I've been rooting for him to get nominated for the past five seasons. I've always considered Jack Shephard to be the best and most underrated character on 'Lost,' and that Fox never received any major recognition outside of a Golden Globe nomination in 2006 never made any sense to me.

So kudos to the Emmy voters for finally recognizing one of the best TV performances of the last decade. Whether it was the result of 'Lost' nostalgia remains to be seen, but either way, I'll take it.

To celebrate his nomination, relive the final scene from 'Lost' (after the jump), then tell us: What's your pick for this year's most deserving Emmy nomination?

cindy

I think Josh Holloway deserves it more

July 09 2010 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela

Absolutely totally agree with you, but the most notable and most horrendous Emmy snub was John Noble & Fringe. Peeuuu to the Academy for snubbing John & the best cast & crew on television.

July 08 2010 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ray

Matthew Fox's performance was compelling and unforgettable. He made Jack a hero we could relate to as he struggled with self-doubt, and discovered faith. I really enjoyed his bitter-sweet reunion with his father, and the final scene before his death.

July 08 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon Knolle

Absolutely! He killed it this season. I'm so happy he's being recognized at last. I just wish Josh Holloway had gotten some Emmy love as well.

July 08 2010 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

Couldn't agree more. Fox has long deserved this nomination. His character has been the driving force on Lost since the beginning and Fox's performance this season was amazing. I hope Lost wins big this year.

www.tvnewsandnotes.com

July 08 2010 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike V.

I can list at least 3 more Emmy worthy performances on 'Lost'. I appreciated his performance, but considering a season that saw Terry O'Quinn playing what was essentially a completely new character, I don't know how Matthew Fox competes.

Bryan Cranston just continues to paint a perfect portrayal. As good as the others are, he sets the bar high.

July 08 2010 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mike V.'s comment
sarah

easily. Matthew Fox is nominated for Best Leading Actor. Terry O'Quinn is a supporting actor. they would never compete in the same category.

July 08 2010 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
step

Matthew Fox, sure, but KYLE CHANDLER and CONNIE BRITTON. Finally nominated after years of amazing work. So happy for the pair of them!

July 08 2010 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply