October 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Bachelorette' Must Make a Highly Emotional Choice (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Jul 13th 2010 1:00AM
'The Bachelorette' Must Make a Highly Emotional ChoiceIt's hometown visit week on 'The Bachelorette' (Mon., 8PM ET on ABC). The four remaining guys took Ali Fedotowksy back home to meet their families. Roberto dressed up in a baseball uniform and acted all seductive. Chris confessed his true feelings. Kirk introduced Ali to his dad -- who showed off his gigantic (and somewhat creepy) home taxidermy collection. And Frank and Ali had an awkward date.

But in the end, someone had to be eliminated, so ...

[Spoiler alert.]

Kirk was the one kicked off the show. This was a little unexpected, as it appeared that Frank had the worst of it on tonight's episode. Ali seemed genuinely upset during the whole process. First, she cried about it during her talk with host Chris Harrison. Then, she cried during Kirk's elimination ceremony. Then, she cried again while talking to Kirk afterward.

What do you think? Was Ali crying fake crocodile tears? Did she make a bad choice by getting rid of Kirk?

WHO DO YOU THINK IS BEST SUITED FOR ALI? TELL US ON FACEBOOK!

Bill

It wouldn't surprise if she didn't pick any of them! Wouldn't that be ironic after all is said and done??? I really don't see her being with any of them long term.

July 13 2010 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curtie

She will do whatever the writers of the program write into the script.

July 13 2010 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
candybars are good 4 the soul.

I like the show. true it's mindless but it's fun and I know good fine intelligent people who LOVE it..like me. Even a family member of mine(and a snob) watches or used to watch the show.

As for yesterday...I'd heard Frank was acon artist, no big shocker there. And if I counted all the times he said "OH MY GOD"..well..he's not for Ali, that's obvious.
If she doesn't choose Chris I'd like him to be the next bachelor. He's the one of the few bachelors I've not only been attracted to myself but actually think comes off as real and kind. He's very sexy but unfortunetly I think she'll choose Roberto. This season's been ok but I've seen better. Good luck to Chris!

July 13 2010 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MacD

I sure hope Ali chose Roberto, you can see a warmness in there eyes and the tenderness displayed, Frank should have gone long time ago, really a strange guy. I think she felt sorry for him so she kept him around. As for Kirk , that basement grossed me out ,so I can imagine what it did to her. Thought he would have been a good match, Chris ok, but looked a bit uncomfortable at the home visit. Still think Roberto is the one. Well I would take him if she didn't

July 13 2010 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aja

Oh I love Chris and his loving family. He is so special and Ali should not lose him. Hope she will .

July 13 2010 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nanc

I agree with those who think Ali isn't quite 'into' this emotionally...Maybe it's just nerves and her way of hiding them but the laugh is a tipoff...ie a substitute for real emotion and feeling...and the way she shuts down emotional inflection in her voice when she's saying something that ought to be emotional is troubling,too...I do not get her attraction to Frank either...He is clearly ambivalent in capital letters...I would have let him go instead of Kirk who just seems like a frisky young pup ready for his first big romance...I think Chris is her match but an overprotective family can be a challenge,too, to assimilate into...I think this whole scenario is impossible...i can't imagine 'going home to meet mom' with four of them...all in the same week or so...I'm more of a one man lady...as in one at a time!

July 13 2010 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dlomikek

Wait!! Robert Batey, you criticize people for watching this trash, and yet you proclaim this is the worst show ever. I am confused. And Sweetpea, I believe your comments are spot on!

July 13 2010 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

Guess what people. Ali doesn't pick anyone. Watch and see. She walked away with no one.

July 13 2010 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MacD

Sure hope she dumped Frank what a whimp.

July 13 2010 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mixnmatch4

Bring Justin back! Most real thing they could do!

July 13 2010 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply