October 23, 2014

Selena Gomez Confirms She's Leaving 'Wizards of Waverly Place'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 14th 2010 3:30PM
Selena GomezRising starlet Selena Gomez has a little magic left in her for another season of 'Wizards of Waverly Place,' but after that, it's lights out for the Disney Channel series.

Gomez confirmed the news yesterday in an interview with MTV.

"Unfortunately, I'm doing my last season of my show, which I'm really heartbroken about," Gomez said. "That's gonna be a terrible time for me. I'm gonna do a movie for my show, which I'll be excited to end it with, and then a tour."

So fear not, 'Wizards' fans, it looks like you'll get the proper closure.

'Wizards of Waverly Place' is an Emmy-winning fantasy program about three siblings who are in training to become wizards. The first film about the series garnered more than 11 million viewers, and in early 2010, the series reached a new high, with more than 6 million viewers.

No word yet on when 'Wizards' season 4 premieres.

Next up for Gomez: the big-screen adaptation of 'Ramona and Beezus,' in theaters Jul. 23, and the 2011 flick 'Monte Carlo,' opposite 'Gossip Girl''s Leighton Meester, 'Glee''s Cory Monteith and 'Melrose Place''s Katie Cassidy.

Tell us: Are you sad to see Selena leave?

myrmibarra

There is going to be a NEW EPISODE of Wizards Of Waverly Place in MARCH called ALEX VS. ALEX so don't worry about their being no more Wizards of Waverly Place OKAY

February 10 2013 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aniyah oberlton

selena cant just give up many people watch disney channel because of this so taking away this show it could mean talking away our happiness

January 06 2012 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear tv squad hi my name is david b conway ,and my comments to walt disney company i just wish walt disney company doesnt listen to selena gomez ideas just about the question of making the tv series a shorting season 4 i just wish walt disney company can do make half season 5 insead of having a full season 5 , love david b conway

October 09 2010 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear tv squad web site , hi my name is david b conway and my comments to selena gomez the only reason why im having a negativing just about selena gomez is chanaging her topics just why she is whats to leave or not im asking whats wrong with her this days its hard for to like her and just along with alex russo how can i love her both just when she is leaving and thats why i ca,nt not watch season 4 , love david b conway

October 09 2010 at 3:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear tv squad my name is david b conway i know what i said before that one was my last comment just what every comments here just to go to the girl meets selena gomez the new tv series and thats all , love david b conway

September 22 2010 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear tv squad hi ,my name is david b conway , i was here before and my last comment just to selena gomez , i just like her lack of jugement about leaving right after season 4 just when we did not have season 4 yet and can some one help to clear this up please / she can all ways leave right after the being of season 5 , i still see a little of alex russo still left , love david b conway

September 22 2010 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

its me again david b conway i just like to add my last comments to walt disney company i are aready known that just when selena gomez is going leave right after season 4 as well walt disney company , and just if walt disney company is not giving that tv show a season 5 how can they finsh season 4 on time may i ask / love david b conway

September 22 2010 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear tv squad hi my name is david b conway and i just remember my question just about this year are you going to make new episodes just for the wizards of waverly place in the month of december and xams and how about the new year eve 2011 / love david b conway

September 22 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear tv squad hi my name is david b conway , and my comments to walt disney company is that just by walt disney company and the disney channel did they think as well they might put the disney channel in danger just when they are going to cancell the suite of on deck and now they do,nt have nothing for season 5 , just without with wizards of waverly place just when selena gomez is planing to leave right after season 4 , and whats is coming back just at the disney channel next year , and i love to have a feed back just my email address , why not have just by walt disney company just to be of my email address just at dconway62@verizon .net / love david b conway

September 22 2010 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david b conway

dear web site , hi my is david b conway and my comments to selena gomez and to wizards of waverly place why do,nt they do aduits issues just for alex russon parts / love david b conway

September 19 2010 at 3:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply