July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

A Judge Cries on 'So You Think You Can Dance' (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Jul 15th 2010 2:45AM
A Judge Cries on 'So You Think You Can Dance'On tonight's episode of 'So You Think You Can Dance' (Wed., 8PM ET on Fox), we had a performance that resonated on several different levels.

Robert and Allison danced to the song 'Fix You' by Coldplay. Their performance was managed by choreographer Travis Wall, whose mother has recently undergone surgery -- and the dance was meant to convey the experience of having an ailing mother.

As it turned out, judge Mia Michaels has recently lost her mother. And watching the performance brought her to tears. "It brings me back to the last week before my mom passed," she said. "And how much I wanted to 'fix her.'"

It was quite an amazing dance routine. And in the end, it made Mia break down and start crying.

jimjam

This is not news. That woman would burst into tears if her lunch tasted good.

July 15 2010 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
max

The way the tramp was dressed she should have been danding around a brass pole in high heels.

July 15 2010 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAGOOS

This program is possibly the best of its kind on television. Each season the talent becomes better; last night showed some fabulous routines. Mia Michaels relieved us of the cackling Mary only to give us tears and sometimes opiniated critiques that can gall. She obviously does not suffer below par performances lightly and is a serious dance person. The young dancers are all so good it makes one want to give all of them a win. I look forward to this show and hope it continues for many seasons.

July 15 2010 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
george mood

sutucd is a great show. My family has a fan club 4 dwts we luv that show and email each other with critique of the show. however i have been watching sytucd 4 the last 3 yrs it is far superior to dwts.
now that mary murphy is gone it is even better. If only Cat Deeley could talk without a mouth full of marbles maybe I could understsnd what she is saying
this show shows a variety of dances from broadway to jazz I can do w/out the hip hop but I guess it is a form of dance. Each season the choreographers come up with a truly memorable dance Last nite there were at least 3 great routines Travis Walls the best.
Kent and Lauren I believe r the front runners now thjat Alex is injured

July 15 2010 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SickofMichael

This season is great - Finally, they got rid of the annoying judge: Mary Murphy and finally, they got 9 out of 11 great dancers - the worst 2 (tap and shake your hips salsa girl were gone first 2 shows). Well done - Keep the talent to a high level and keep Mary Murphy off the show and the show will be an even bigger success.

July 15 2010 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nan

My mom passed from cancer - this is such a moving song. Http://www.treatingbreastcancer.com

July 15 2010 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pcrabt

Robert & Allisons dance to the song "Fix You" was absolutely beautiful. It brought me to complete tears myself. My mother is in failing health, and I would do anything to make her well. She is my friend, my confidant and best of all my Mother! Great Dance!

July 15 2010 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply