August 20, 2014

George Eads Signs on for More 'CSI'

by Kim Potts, posted Jul 15th 2010 9:40AM
At last, some good news for a CBS procedural: Original 'CSI' cast member George Eads has signed a new contract to continue on the long-running drama, which begins its 11th season in September.

TV Guide reports that Eads signed on to continue playing 'CSI'-er Nick Stokes despite telling an interviewer in May that he had decided to leave the series if contract negotiations didn't go his way.
"I have to decide if I want to come back," the 43-year-old Eads said. "It's been 10 years, and I've still yet to do a feature film and see what other opportunities might be out there. In negotiations, you have to be willing to walk away, and that's something I'm willing to do if I don't feel the contract is pleasing to me and fair. There can't really be a hierarchy when it comes to salaries anymore. I feel I deserve to sit at the table with the adults, and we'll see what happens."

Eads was referring to co-stars like Laurence Fishburne and Marg Helgenberger, and his belief that he should be at the same pay grade. Presumably his new contract must have come at least close to providing him with parity with his co-stars, though TV Guide points out that a new co-star, who will be paired with Stokes, might also have enticed him into returning to the show, as it means a potentially more high-profile storyline for his character.

And now that Eads is locked in, the network can focus on casting Stokes' new partner, a character named Kacey Monohan. She's described as a sexy bombs expert who's been blowing stuff up since she was a kid.

Meanwhile, with popular CBS procedural stars Liz Vassey ('CSI'), Melina Kanakaredes ('CSI: NY'), Eddie Cibrian ('CSI: Miami') and A.J. Cook ('Criminal Minds') leaving the network before the new season starts in the fall, Eads' signing, along with the hiring of Emmy-winner Sela Ward as Kanakaredes' 'CSI: NY' replacement earlier this week, indicates that the network might not just be trying to clean house, but rather is trying to freshen up its glut of crime dramas.

Collateral86

Wallace Langham is the name your looking for.

August 05 2011 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terry

One of the things I miss about CSI is the actual scientific work they used to do. They would explain how a specialized machine worked and what it did to help solve the crime. It seems now that all the characters want to be glamorous and have personal story lines instead of a show about forensics. Let's get back to the original concept of forensic science and stop concentrating on Marg Hellenberger's bad plastic surgeries.

July 21 2010 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

Glad Eads is staying.

Why not have Sara run away for the 4th time and make it permanent? Bring Liz Vassey back, in the non Sara eps I watched I enjoyed her scenes with Hodges (the actor's name escapes me).

July 16 2010 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angiesmly

OK, I've had it. My wife and I will watch no more CSI's, ANY of them. As long as CBS intends to keep screwing with the casts, and destroying a beautiful thing that is so good it cannot be improved on, they will prove to us they learned nothing from how NBC has forever shot itself, and its reputation, in the foot by canning excellent shows {starting with Star Trek} and axing cast members.

July 16 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DALE KUECKEN

we will miss WENDY , a little more romance on the show would not hurt .. its getting a little to macho.

July 16 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angeandre4

I stopped watching CSI the moment Fishburne came on, I have tried to watch it in repeats but to me he is just not convincing in the role and not as good as the person he replaced. Just saying.

July 16 2010 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan Healey

I have to say I started this story by staying "George who??" THAT is the reason Laurence Fishburne and Marg Helgenberger are making more money. Most people have no idea who this guy is, but Fishburme and Helgenberger are known.

July 16 2010 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie K

Get rid of Marge her character has become boring and useless; I have never liked Katheryn she thinks she god's gift to men and she ain't all that; I'm about ready to quit watching the show because of her, I have never liked anything she has ever done ever

July 16 2010 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dee

You guys are mean and could not do what they do. They ARE overpaid however. I hope they give some back somewhere in society.

July 16 2010 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
druid0621

I'm not sure if I'll keep watching without Liz Vassey.

July 16 2010 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply