September 22, 2014

Is 'FlashForward' Heading to Starz?

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 23rd 2010 12:20PM
'FlashForward' may have been discarded by ABC, but that hasn't stopped fans from aggressively campaigning for another network to pick up the series. It's worked before for other shows and according to TVOverMind, Starz might be the savior fans are hoping for.

A fan posted on the Save FlashForward! Facebook fanpage that they were told by a Starz's representative that the network is aggressively looking into picking up the series.

To prove their dedication to the series, 'FlashForward' fans have staged blackouts in front of ABC offices.

The series starred Joseph Fiennes (right) as an FBI agent looking into the cause of a worldwide blackout that showed citizens a glimpse into their future.

The series debuted to strong ratings, 12.47 million viewers, but fizzled as the season progressed. The series finale on ABC was seen by less than 5 million people. 'FlashForward' received favorable initial reviews, but suffered from a long hiatus and behind-the-scenes changes that saw a variety of players coming and going.

In October 2009, Marc Guggenheim left the series, prompting co-creator and executive producer David S. Goyer to step in and replace him. However, Goyer didn't stick around long and departed in February 2010. Goyer remained involved with the series, but his wife, Jessika, Lisa Zwerling and Timothy J. Lea acted as showrunners for the remainder of the season.

Starz recently canceled critical darling 'Party Down' because the show never attracted a large audience. Many argued that's because many viewers don't subscribe to Starz, so how would 'FlashForward' find and build an audience on the cable network?

'FlashForward' ended with another blackout, leaving audiences with a cliffhanger. Will Starz give them the resolution they're hoping for? Time will tell.

Tell us: Would you watch 'FlashForward' on Starz?

Fommo

This is the best show ever made. The storyline is genius. PLEASE bring it back!

October 30 2011 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
saveflashforward

HELL YEAH! I dont care which network its on as long as its on a network. This is a great series and I want to see a season two.

July 09 2011 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ivan Dementyev

I assume many FF fans will be hapy to see the next season, and if the STARZ will show FlashForward, I will be pleased to watch the show.

May 22 2011 at 2:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tudor

i don't know about you guys but there are more than 4 milion people that are waiting for flashforward to air with season 2 in Romania...taking on a higher scale the rights starz own,and the money they can get from every network that airs the second season, will bring them a lot of milions... that's what boders me...it has a world wide audience and will lose a lot of money with this show if not aired...Lost has been watched by over 8 milion people in a smal country like mines and hitted a lot of money from tv rights, why can't starz do the same with the show...ABC lost their viewers with shows like Kyle xy , so did fox with jhon doe,firefly and the chronicles of Sarah Connor...i don't want that again...I don't want a show so good like flashforward to disapear from our lives without meeting the end of the action...All i have left to say is Starz if u have the rights to make another season, Pls Pls...make it happen, you won't regret doing it...

March 20 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick

Any news on this? I would love to at least see Flashforward resolved in a mini-series on Starz, if not a full blown series.

March 03 2011 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christian101

I didn't know they canceled flashforward till today when I was eagerly looking up when it airs again...I am very disgusted to think that a great show like FlashForward would get canceled just because it couldn't keep up with a ridiculous show like Lost-which i never even watched one episode of cuz its dumb. I already have starz so PLEASE put FlashForward on it so me and my husband can watch what was our 1 favorite show....

January 19 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Enectrixx

Any news on this?

January 06 2011 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fireman1981

I am in the U.K so cannot get the STARZ network, but what I will tell you is this. If you were to commission a second season of Flashforward I, and thousands of other viewers and fans of the show in the U.K would happily pay to have whatever channel you decided to sell it to over here. Season one is currently re running on channel 5 which is a mainstream terrestrial channel so I am sure there is a significant fan base out there to support it. Go on, bring it back, you know you wanna!

January 03 2011 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Fireman1981's comment
Kevin

I agree as well! I was so dissapointed, as I was an avid viewer of FlashForward, and after a tense nail biting season finale, the show just left us haning. I would happilly pay to see future seasons of the show as I have already bought the first season to make sure I am ready for when it comes back out! There are also some 40,000 people who have signed a petition and the numbers grow by the 1,000's each day who are willing to pay for Starz and just plainly WANT OUR SHOW BACK! Seriously, it was the only show that I really enjoyed, and it favored the SciFi people like me!

January 04 2011 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat Brister

Well, I've already signed on to Starz in the hopes of seeing the Starz Network succeeding with Flash Forward where ABC failed. Cutting a series in midstream of a season will kill almost any series, regardless of how good it is. Come on Starz! Bring back Flash Forward!

October 10 2010 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

I have long been one of those people who do not watch tv, and have never really subscribed to cable, period, but if starz really were to bring back fast forward, I can almost assure you that not only would I subscribe, but I'd have to buy my dad a subscription, too, since I got him addicted to the show, also.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm not a big fan of tv, and I'm rather skeptical of most shows, Flash Forward included, but after giving it a chance, I was totally hooked. It is one of the most well thought out shows I've seen in a long time, and it would totally make my day if someone were to bring it back.

As my dad and I were just discussing today, the last show showed another flashforward and that one happened in, I believe, 2015. I would be very easy to wait until late 2014 to bring the show back and lead up to the 2015 flashforward, though I know I'd prefer to see it come back much sooner.

Anyways, all in all, if you brought flashforward back, you would have not only one, but two very happy and newly loyal customers of starz.

October 06 2010 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply