April 19, 2014

'Dexter' Season 5 Trailer Hits the Web

by Danny Gallagher, posted Jul 24th 2010 3:10PM
Michael C. Hall as DexterLast season's 'Dexter' ended with one of the saddest, most emotional conclusions ever for a television show.

Dexter Morgan's hunt for the Trinity Killer, played by John Lithgow in a ultra-creepy performance that earned him an Emmy nomination, may have scored him another blood slide for his trophy case. But it cost him something worth more than all the world's serial killers' DNA combined.

After the shocking ending of last season, Showtime released a teaser trailer for season 5 at Comic-Con on Thursday night. They released the trailer to the greater public earlier today. Video after the jump.

Now that Dexter will have to carry on with life after Rita, how will he take care of three kids all by himself? Will he still be able to carry on with his old habits of grinding up the not-so-innocent and dumping their remains in the North Atlantic current?

We won't know the full answers of those questions until the tail end of September, so if you've been chewing your nails in nervous anticipation, stop now before you strike bone marrow.

The trailer should give your brain's serial killer receptors just enough of a jolt to tide you over until the fall.

What are you looking forward to in the upcoming season of 'Dexter?'

Dusten

I love how tense this season is going to be. Season 4 was stale and predictable, but John Lithgow kept it interesting. With Rita's death, the show has an entirely new feel to it.

July 28 2010 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

The Season 4 finale of Dexter was the first finale I've ever seen that was unpredictable until the very last shot. All 4 seasons are great. And yes, Michael C Hall and John Lithgow do deserve Emmeys.

July 27 2010 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
me not you

If Micheal C Hall and John Lithgow dont win emmy's then the acadamy are FOOLS! That was the most riveting season finale in a Loooooooong time. Wow. That is how season finale's are done. I have been on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens to my beloved Dexter!!! I am so glad they didn't take the easy road with him. This season looks freaking awesome and I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT! The anticipation is killing me!!!!

July 27 2010 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daryl

Breaking bad is a great show i just found, waiting for 3rd season on blu, but dexter is by far better. Michael C Hall is a genius.

July 26 2010 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Daryl's comment
mb

Wait until you see BB Season 3.

I used to think that Dexter was the best show on TV for the past couple of years.

Watch BB Season 3. You'll see.

(I still love Dexter though, my second favorite currently)

July 31 2010 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

Bad. Ass.

I love that the writers are going to have Dexter fear being discovered from within his own Police squad, just like Seasons 1-2 where Sgt. Doakes was on him constantly.

Looks like Quinn is picking up where Doakes left off.

One of the two best shows on TV (Breaking Bad gets the nod).

I can't wait.

July 25 2010 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to mb's comment
Heather

Well, we all saw how that worked out for Sgt. Doakes. This trailer put me on the edge of my seat, and has my nerves READY for this season!

July 28 2010 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

I'm also gonna have to highly recommend Sons of Anarchy. Also a great show.

July 28 2010 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply