August 23, 2014

Alfred Molina Joins the Cast of 'Law & Order: LA'

by Nick Zaino, posted Jul 26th 2010 10:00AM
Alfred Molina joins cast of 'Law & Order: LA'The cast of 'Law & Order: LA' is starting to take a bit more shape. EW.com's The Ausiello Files is reporting that Alfred Molina has completed a deal to join the cast as Deputy District Attorney Morales. The only other major casting so far has been Skeet Ulrich, who will play one of the lead detectives.

Molina can currently be seen on the big screen in 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice,' and has a particularly active film career, with several new projects on his slate. He's perhaps best known for roles in 'Spider-Man 2' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark.' He's also a popular voiceover actor ('Rango,' 'Wonder Woman,' 'Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!').

This won't be Molina's first experience with the 'Law & Order' franchise. He has previously appeared in 'Trial by Jury' and 'Special Victims Unit,' playing a character named Gabriel Duvall.

NBC canceled the original 'Law & Order' in May, and it has yet to be picked up by another network.

JerseyGirl71

Skeet Ulrich? Really? I loved Jericho.. network canceled it before they could get it really going. I was hoping he'd pop back up somewhere. I'll check out L&O: LA with him in it...

July 27 2010 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

Skeet Ulrich? He's a very good actor & reminds me of all the shows Robert Ulrich kept getting...what, something in the name that promises him a variety of roles? He does have a tendency to 'mumble' so make sure he's able to enunciate because the show has a tendency to make many plots hard to understand.
Molina should be good too as he's very diverse.
As for the moaning & groaning about more women in roles, first of all have to find one (some) that are talented & not prima donna's; as if that's going to be easy.
I've had to give up many shows due to terrible acting &/or narcissistic showmanship; i.e., CSINY's Stella (fortunately, but unfortunately, she's leaving the show & being replaced by a constrictive throat choking Sela Ward. How I wish producers would give us a vote in allowing the best of the best.

July 27 2010 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
the_fool

I don't think it matters to the writers and producers as long as the actress or actor can spew the left wing lines out loud.

July 27 2010 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy W

So... we get another middle-aged, paunchy, balding male in a lead role, while I bet all of the women on the show will be 6 feet tall, size 2, with perfect skin and hair and not over 30. Nope, no double standard in Hollywood....

July 27 2010 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nancy W's comment
Montecore

What I can't stand is when a cute 24 year old is cast as an assistant DA in a blouse halfway buttoned and a skirt that's too short. That is one thing I admired about the origonal Law & Order. Jack's assistants looked like they were old enough to have had graduated law school and had taste in clothes. I stopped watching the show when anthony anderson came aboard with that little twit who replaced McCoy.

July 31 2010 at 12:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
liguy

OK, so how about a recognizable actor, from say, the original L & O. How about Elisabeth Rohm who was the assistant DA Sarina Sutherland? She wasn't killed off, she was fired by Arthur Branch. How about Bebe Neuwerth(sp?) who never got a fair chance in the short lived Trial By Jury? The story line for either actress could have them originally from California or having attended law school there. One last thought, if she is interested, Patti Lupone. She did a few guest star appearances over the years on Law and Order, and she has done series TV in the past.

July 27 2010 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth Sager

I loved Alfred Molina in "Undertaking Betty" and I think he was the Iranian husband in "Not Without My Daughter" with Sally Fields.

July 27 2010 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lpe4398453

Claire you need to watch your language, stuff
like that should not even get posted!! I never
have heard of these actors but I will give the show
a chance and see what it is like. Claire if you
don;t have anything nice to say don't say anything.

July 27 2010 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lpe4398453's comment
konichi-waa

duh people, read the comment and you'll see it was huijiaw who posted what is probably spem. people post dumb ads in the comment box all the time and it gets fustrating. way to go claire... it's the ads that shouldn't get posted.. so in other words, Ipe4398453, get over yourself..

July 27 2010 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lpe4398453

You need to watch your language!! I never
even heard of these actors, I will give the show
a chance though and see what it is like.

July 27 2010 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply