August 27, 2014

Ask the Men of 'Dexter' Your Questions

by AOL TV Staff, posted Jul 26th 2010 6:30PM

Want to interview a serial killer? Here's your chance!

For our Outside the Box interview series, we're gathering the men of 'Dexter' -- Michael C. Hall (the killer, Dexter Morgan, himself); Desmond Harrington (Joey Quinn); C.S. Lee (Vince Masuka); and James Remar (Harry Morgan) -- to answer questions posed by fans.

After that explosive, tragic season 4 finale, you'll no doubt have tons of questions about what goes down in season 5. So, submit questions in the comments below by Wed., July 28, making sure to include your name and hometown, and we may ask yours in the interview.

Don't forget to check out our other Outside the Box Q&As for 'Melissa & Joey,' 'No Ordinary Family' and 'My Generation' and 'Private Practice,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'The Middle,' and 'Modern Family.'

Plus, take this 'Dexter' poll, then come back to find out what the stars had to say about the results!

Who was Dexter's best foe?
Ice Truck Killer (Christian Camargo)92 (16.4%)
Sgt. James Doakes (Erik King)82 (14.6%)
ADA Miguel Prado (Jimmy Smits)31 (5.5%)
Trinity Killer (John Lithgow)355 (63.4%)

Pauline

Question for C.S. Lee

Aside from Dexter being the most interesting character on the show, I believe that your character is as interesting and mysterious. Do you think that there will come a time where your character will develop a twisted story line which would cause you and Dexter's paths to intersect in a not so professional setting? Pauline, Pennsylvania

July 28 2010 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

For James Remar,

How do you feel about the change in the character of Harry Morgan, who went from being Dexter's conscience to more of the instigator to his killer instinct?

For Michael C. Hall,

Aside from Broadway, you have mostly been in draumatic, serious roles. Is this a conscious niche for you?

Mike, Des Moines

July 28 2010 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly Koch

Desmond are you single?

July 28 2010 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly Koch

My question is for Desmond- do you worry that Quinn will become, as fans put it, Doakes 2.0 ?

July 28 2010 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ali

This is for Desmond...
Even though Quinn is a "commitment-phobe", it seemed like he really did have feelings for Christine Hill. But at the end of last season it looked like it was just "back to work" for Quinn, even though he discovered she was a killer and then she killed herself. In the new season will we get to see how Quinn is dealing with this?

July 27 2010 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
imani beal

This question is for {C.S. Lee}

whatever happened to the bachelor party planner woman that your character {Vince Masuka} was interested in???

i watched season 4 twice to see if there was a line explaining that but i didn't find anything.

-imani beal, los angeles,CA

July 27 2010 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel

Oh, and my name is Angel and I'm from Tucson. For simplicity's sake I'm just gonna copy & paste the question again since I hope it gets asked, since I cannot seem to delete it and do it over again.

So I guess this is for both MCH and James Remar: do you think that Harry would really disapprove of a lot of Dexter's actions in season 4? I mean specifically, do you think the real Harry would've been as critical of his relationship with Rita and his family, or would he have been more supportive? In the first season when Dexter asks Harry if he thinks it will ever be "real," Harry says he hopes so. It looks like he finally kind of got it with Rita, and ghost Harry never seemed to notice...but I don't know if Dexter ever really noticed either, and ghost Harry is really just, you know, Dexter, I guess. So for James Remar: what do you think Harry would've felt about Rita? And for MCH: how much of the Harry that Dexter imagines is real, and how much of it is simply Dexter's thoughts and worries in Harry's body?

July 27 2010 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel

July 27 2010 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leonor J

This question is for Michael C Hall:
I agree with Selina, when are you and Jenn going to have a baby? I think you two are just adorable together and I thank the heavens that you are doing well. I've never felt so emotional for a tv character but you truly make Dexter your own. You are amazing!

This question is for James Remar:
I'm curious to know, of course I can wait and see how the new season goes, but will you and Rita be gaining up on Dexter (I'm sure we hope that your ghost as well as Rita will appear) ? And did you really sleep around with your many informants and will there be more revealed about Harry Morgan, that us fans wouldnt have expected??

Leonor (aka Leo) West Covina, CA

I love this show!!!!!!!

July 27 2010 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ronda in Boston

I attended the Showtime and Dexter panels at Comic-Con but was too shy to get up and ask any questions so here goes:

1. For Michael C. Hall - I loved your work in Six Feet Under, another very heavy role. How do the challenges of playing the role of a gay man compare to the challenges of playing a serial killer? Which role do/did you enjoy more?
2. For Desmond Harrington - Will there be any sort of love relationship between Quinn and Deb? Seems like a natural love/hate relationship there that could be explored further.
3. For C.S. Lee - will Masuka's private life be explored further? Also, will Masuka ever get the respect he craves?

July 27 2010 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply