November 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'American Idol' on 'So You Think You Can Dance' (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Jul 28th 2010 11:50PM
'American Idol' on 'So You Think You Can Dance'We had an exciting live show tonight on 'So You Think You Can Dance' (Wed., 8PM ET on Fox). Due to the odd results of last week's show, not one, but two dancers were up for elimination on this week's episode. But that all paled next to judge Nigel Lythgoe's weird slip of the tongue.

[Spoiler alert.]

Nigel may be returning as the executive producer on the upcoming season of 'American Idol.' And even after watching Lauren and Allyson's pretty stunning performance, he still seemed pretty distracted by the thought of that. When host Cat Deeley asked him for his reaction to Lauren's dance, Nigel seemed a little confused. He praised Lauren, and agreed that her routine was "powerful," but then said: "This is the first time we've ever seen [anything like] it on 'American Idol.'" Whoops! Wrong show, Nigel! Mr. Lythgoe then swiftly tried to recover.

By the way, rumor has it that if Nigel takes over as producer on 'Idol,' he will eliminate all of the current judges, and will replace them. Two of the possible replacements are -- Elton John and Justin Timberlake. What do you folks think? Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Pat

Easy to understand. He is involved in both shows and they are sister shows

July 29 2010 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Ross

With the abscence of Paula the show lost its excitement. The addition of Ellen was just a fizzle. She added NOTHING to the show, in fact, her comments were like "duh? - ". There were times I fell asleep during the show, and gradually just stopped watching it altogether. In my opinion, the only one w/ any talent was the girl that sang country and played the Guitar. With Simon leaving I probably wont even bother to watch it at all. A shame to "fix something that wasnt broken".

July 29 2010 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

OMG- And the Republicans want to run this guy for President? How low can they sink?

July 29 2010 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eddie

I have come to the realization that no matter what happens if he goes to AI or not. Idol is a dissapointing scam. After watching the first round of auditions (cattle call) it was apparent and confirmed by people working there, that Idol is NOT a talent competition it is a reality show. After witnessing some amazing singers getting passed on for people in Riddler costumes or a twinking fairy with a giant toothbrush, it really damaged what I thought about it and if it were to end. Good riddance!

July 29 2010 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
winxkc

haha! i watched that last night and when he said "American Idol" im like WHAT? im pretty sure this is NOT "american Idol". haha i just got on and saw the headline and im iike, i remember that....it was like it just happend yesterday. oh wait it did hapeen yesterday.

July 29 2010 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAGOOS

A terrific show with talented young dancers, all of which make it hard to chose a winner. Jose does show his lack of dance training, especially when pitted alongside Kent BUT kudos to him for determination, hard work and a gallant effort for everything thrown at him. Sadly I think he will be one of the outs tonight. Robert emerges as a very mature dancer who put Billy to second with the arduous Bollywoood routine. Laura is an incredible young dancer. If I could change the judges panel I would send Mia Michaels packing despite her credentials. Her flakiness and ultra BS is now as annoying as Mary's big mouth!

July 29 2010 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SickofMichael

This is the best season yet for two reasons: They finally got rid of the most annoying judge - Mary Murphy - and her awful screeching and they finally got mostly excellent dancers 9 out of 11 (tap girl and salsa girl were not good enough and rightly the first to go). I have enjoyed watching truly excellent dancers. Time for Jose to go though.

July 29 2010 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thebeyers2004

Well I don't like Nigel and I don't watch the show.
But I am a big fan of American Idol.
I don't know if I keep watching AI if they replace the judges, I still have to recover from the loss of Paula and Simon --- The only original Judges.

July 29 2010 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Loden

Get rid of Nigel!

July 29 2010 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

He looks like he raised his hand and said yep I swallow.lol

July 29 2010 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply