August 20, 2014

TNT Renews 'The Closer,' 'Leverage,' and 'Rizzoli and Isles'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 30th 2010 3:20PM
The CloserTo say TNT "knows drama" is an understatement. The cable network known for churning out fan-favorite crime dramas has just renewed three shows, including 'The Closer,' one of its biggest hits.

Joining 'The Closer' in renewal is 'Leverage' and the freshman drama 'Rizzoli & Isles.' 'The Closer' and 'Leverage' received a 15-episode order each, 'Rizzoli & Isles' was picked up for 13.

"TNT has enjoyed tremendous success on Sunday and Monday nights with 'Leverage,' 'The Closer' and 'Rizzoli & Isles,'" Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, said in a statement. "All three shows feature terrific casts, sharp writing and top-notch production teams. We look forward to continued success with new seasons in 2011."

'The Closer' stars Emmy-nominated Kyra Sedgwick as Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson, head of the LAPD's Major Crimes unit. The series is currently airing its sixth season and averages more than 7 million viewers per week.

'Leverage' stars Oscar-winner Timothy Hutton as the head of a team that goes after people who use their power and wealth to victimize others.

'Rizzoli & Isles' stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander as detective and medical examiner best friends. The series premiere was seen by 7.6 million viewers.

Tell us: Are you happy to see these TNT shows sticking around?

Marie

Marie

Love all three shows,great to hear their coming back this summer, especially the closer

January 20 2011 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
richteam

My husband and I like all three shows and watch them every week. The cast on Leverage is great and it's fun to see what tricks they will come up with on each show. Brenda and her team are a hoot to watch. You've got to love these cops.

August 02 2010 at 5:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

"Men Of A Certain Age" is their only good one,

August 02 2010 at 4:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BelleChloe

Don't really watch The Closer, watch Leverage all the time..LOVE the new Rizzoli and Isles...The show has great dialogue..sharp & witty...and the cast chemistry is dynamic....

August 02 2010 at 3:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
media wiz

Very happy about this. The cable shows are so much better that the vast majority of the network shows.

August 02 2010 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trina

All 3 shows are the BOMB! I never miss one of them and have my DVR set to record Leverage every Sunday. The writing is superb for each show and I love the way the characters MESH with one another. Yes, Isles is an "EGGHEAD" but that's what I like about her. She has a Down-to-earth charm about her. I HATE reality shows and also see it as a CHEAP way to make a QUICK BUCK for the networks. KUDOS also go to Criminal Minds, White Collar, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight and Memphis Beat. I was sad to see COLD CASE cancelled. This is also one of my favorites and will continue to watch the reruns as long as I possibly can. I love the way the show switches back from the past to the present. It is very well written and the actors are great together. I'll be sad to see it go! Thanks to these channels for giving me something worth watching!

August 02 2010 at 1:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FRANK DOMANICO

I HAVE BEEN A BIG FAN OF ALL THREE SHOWS, THE CLOSER, LEVERAGE AND RIZZOLI AND ISLES AND I AM VERY HAPPY THAT TNT IS RENEWING ALL THREE OF THEM.

August 02 2010 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
F M Waggoner

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first watched Rizzoli and Isles. I was pleasantly surprised. This was not just another female cop busting the bad guys chops. The show is great, well written, fun to watch. In fact, I even record each episode so I can watch it again. There are very few good shows on TV anymore - - this is one of the good ones. I'm glad it was renewed. Thanks TNT.

August 02 2010 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david english

i have been watching THE CLOSER since the beginning..but i have gotten weary of it, not as funny as it used to be...RIZZOLI AND ISLES is wearing on me already..i guess i have seen too many cop shows, though i find the characters interesting, i interviewed TESS GERRITSEN on my site.WWW.DAVIDSBOOKTALK.COM and we talked about the show...not sure i will keep watching, but maybe

August 02 2010 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barb

Leverage,Dark Blue & White Collar are my favorites. I also like Memphis Beat and the Closer.I would like to see them on longer at a time. TNT is doing a great Job those reality shows just stink and don't interest me at all. Thanks TNT for something good to watch.

August 02 2010 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply