April 16, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Bachelorette' Finale: Who Did Ali Choose?

by Kelly Woo, posted Aug 2nd 2010 10:10PM
Ali Fedotowsky Bachelorette finaleThe rumors all over the Internet said Ali Fedotowsky wouldn't pick either Chris Lambton or Roberto Martinez in 'The Bachelorette' finale -- and that she didn't have the happy ending she'd dreamed of when this journey started.

So, did Ali choose somebody on 'The Bachelorette' season finale (Mon., 8PM ET, ABC)? Or did she go home without a ring on her finger?

Spoilers ahead!

Well, you can't believe everything on the Internet, because the 24-year-old online advertising manager did choose someone -- and he was 26-year-old insurance agent Roberto Martinez.

Before getting down on one knee, Martinez professed his love. "You told me how important it was for your husband to love you unconditionally and for him to by your side, no matter what," he said. "I want to be that man for you. I want to make you laugh, just like this. I want to make you smile. I want to make sure you wake up every night, every morning for the rest of your life knowing that you're so so loved ... I want to grow old with you I want to have a beautiful, beautiful family with you. I want to share my life with you. Share your life with me, be my wife, Ali Fedotowsky."

ABCAfter he proposed and she responded with an enthusiastic "yes!", Fedotowsky asked, "Aceptarias esta rosa?" And of course, Martinez did. (Read our full episode recap.)

Earlier in the episode, Fedotowsky didn't follow the usual 'Bachelor' franchise script when she let Lambton go before the final rose ceremony. "I'm in love with somebody else," an emotional Fedotowsky told him. "I have to let you go here and not wait 'til tomorrow."

"This wasn't an easy decision. It was really hard. I just didn't want to you put you through tomorrow, because I know it's going to be so hard."

She told the 33-year-old landscaper, "You have all the qualities I want in somebody. Everything. You're one of the best men I've ever met in my whole life [but] even if two people enjoy really spending time with each other, that doesn't necessarily mean it's supposed to be."

ABCA clearly broken-hearted Lambton thanked her for being honest. "I'm really going to miss you," he said. "It's going to take awhile for me to figure this out ... This is hard. I've learned to put myself out there, which is nice, because I haven't done that in awhile."

And with his heart audibly beating over the microphone, he wished her luck.

After breaking up with Lambton, Fedotowsky admitted, "It was a lot harder to say goodbye to Chris than I thought it was going to be. [But] I know I love Roberto ... Everything inside of me was telling to let Chris go."

As he headed home, Lambton said, "I wasn't the one and it really hurts. When she left, that's when it really hit me. Wow, this is over."

She added, "I know I sent an amazing guy home, I know I did."

(And if Lambton isn't chosen as the next 'Bachelor,' womankind will never let ABC survive.)

On the 'After the Final Rose' special, Fedotowsky was surprised to learn that Frank Neuschaefer, who left her in the lurch in order to reunite with his ex-girlfriend, wouldn't be showing up to explain himself again. Host Chris Harrison said he'd been scheduled to appear but had backed out. (Oh, Frank, really?! Well, we're not surprised, actually.)

Runner-up Lambton did man up and showed up to not only relive their brutal break-up scene, but face Fedotowsky for the first time since they parted in Bora Bora. Harrison asked if he was angry or resentful. "That's the thing about love -- you can't control it," he said. "It just ended up that she had two great guys at the end, and she loved one more than the other. As much as I wanted to be the one, it takes two. And she didn't feel it. You can't force it. You can't force love."

Has Lambton gotten over Fedotowsky? "It takes awhile to get over," he admitted, but, "It made me realize I'm ready to go back, I'm ready to fall in love, I'm ready to find my soulmate."

(Seriously, how could this guy possibly not be the next 'Bachelor'?)

Upon reuniting with Fedotowsky, Lambton asked her if she was happy, then asked her what she'd learned from their relationship. She responded that their relationship had started out as a great friendship. "I think a lot of our chemistry was so much that fun side," Fedotowsky explained. "I think in the end, my relationship with Chris -- our friendship was strong ... and with Roberto, that romance was stronger."

Ali and RobertoWhen Martinez finally joined his fiancee on stage, he said he was looking forward to living a normal life. When asked to recount his initial impressions of Fedotowsky, Martinez told host Chris Harrison, "I looked at her the first time and it was like a train hitting me."

Harrison brought up the skepticism around the show. "I tell her all the time, I can't believe we met on a TV show," Martinez said. "It's just people, it's just like anything else ... Where you met could be anywhere."

Fedotowsky couldn't stop singing her future husband's praises. "He's unbelievably handsome, but beyond that he is the most caring person I've ever known. He has so much respect for others, respect for me. I couldn't have gotten a better man."

Did Ali make the right choice?
Yes! Roberto was perfect for her.52611 (74.1%)
No ... how could she let Chris go?!14666 (20.6%)
Neither was right for her. Go fight for Frank!3762 (5.3%)

DID ALI MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE? TELL US ON FACEBOOK!

sassyy2009

The worst thing about choosing Roberto is his father....who would want HIM as their father-in-law? You could tell from his camera interview that no woman, esp. a non-Latino, would be good enough for his son.
I do agree with the lust factor regarding Roberto, it seemed fairly high for Ali. He didn't appeal to me at all though. I prefer the way Chris looked, not to mention his wonderful personality.

August 11 2010 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cassie7891

so moving! waitting for the one.

August 07 2010 at 3:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

Just came here to say, Who cares? lol

August 06 2010 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lylekira

What I don't understand is why people who hate this show are even reading and or posting on blogs and message boards about it. You can prosthelytize all you want, but you just look like hypocritical, judgmental idiots doing so. I'm sure you guys never ever need to just relax and watch or do something purely for entertainment and fun. Of course not, you are way too above such menial insignificant endeavors. I expect you'll be leaving for the Peace Corps tomorrow having tossed your frivolous TV, Compututers, MP3's and Cell Phones in the garbage. Puleeeeze, your posts are so very predicatable.

Secondly, I also don't understand how anyone can say she took the "wrong guy." Maybe it wasn't the one YOU would chose but attraction and love are subjective and even the best guy on paper isn't always the best one for a certain person. You can't just snap your fingers and make yourself connect with one person over another.

Ali had a two great guys to chose from, she picked the one she was in love with. End of story. I wish them well. Will it last? Who knows. Just like in life, we may fall in love a few times before we find the one we marry, so perhaps this show shouldn't be looked at as a failure just because couples don't marry ... but as just a shot to find love, and in some cases true love. I for one can get on board with that.

Now if she had kept and chosen Justin ... I'd take back that entire last paragraph ... LOL!

August 05 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snowhorse

Ali&Roberto are fabulous together !!!!!!! Chris didnt show her enough feelings!!! Chris is to slow!!!

August 04 2010 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LeAnn

I would take Chris in a heartbeat, if he didn't mind haveing a ready made family. He was/is adorable!!!

August 04 2010 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

Roberto is the whole package. I cant see Ali's staid family mixing well with Robertos Latin one. I think that Roberto was Alis dream guy and she did not want to let him get away. However, when the make-up comes off Ali is really quite ordinary..How long will Roberto be attracted to her??? How many gorgeous women in San Diego will fall at his feet??? Temptation will be rampant. Still, no one really knows the heart and soul of another.. I do wish them luck and happiness reagrdless.

August 04 2010 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chattymaddy

Ali and Chris were "kinda cute" but more of just friends. Roberto is more playful, romantic, outspoken, and exciting than Chris. Ali loved both of them but she always said "its my choice and i will choose the guy thats better for ME not my family." Roberto was better for her. Chris needs a soft spoken, romantic, family oriented, girl who "takes things slow and natural." I think Roberto and Ali will live a good life with each other. I just cant see how roberto could break up with her or break her heart. "He's just too sweet."

August 04 2010 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allyson

have you noticed that there has only been white people on this show?! They should change that...

August 03 2010 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Allyson's comment
sassyy2009

No there have been Asian and black women on the show. I'm not positive about the men on The Bachelorette seasons, although I think there have been a few too. I don't think the demographics of viewers are heavily black or Asian, so that is prob. why they haven't chosen any for the single Bachelor/Bachelorette.

August 11 2010 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rene Donk

Very disappointing ending to the Bachelorette show. Roberto was caught up in the moment of glitter and Chris stayed grounded. So Ali and Roberto will be together just for awhile and will depart. Ali forever will regret not to have chosen Chris. The rainbow was a defenite sign that Chris had the best deal of all. He is now free to build himself a good life with one nice girl, that is not publicity hungry. My very best to Chris and please Chris use your head and do not become the next Bachelor on the show. You are really to sincere and classy for that.

August 03 2010 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply