July 29, 2014

Bret Michaels on 'American Idol': 'I Would Do an Amazing Job' as Judge

by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 4th 2010 11:40PM
Bret MichaelsBret Michaels is one of the names that's been bandied about as a replacement judge on 'American Idol.'

The rocker, who pre-taped his appearance on 'America's Got Talent' llast night, told TV Squad that he has taken some very recent meetings with 'Idol' decision-makers.

"We'll see what happens," Michaels said. "They've got a lot of big names in there fighting hard who would like to do it. If they were to ask me, I'd be excited and would do an amazing job."

A likely conflict Michaels has with the show's 2011 production schedule, however, is already-scheduled heart surgery. The winner of 'Celebrity Apprentice' is set to undergo a procedure to repair a hole in his heart after the new year.

"I get my PFO [Patent Foramen Ovale] operated on the third week of January. Once that's done, I'll be on my way to feeling 100 percent better," he said.

Michaels would love to shine a positive light on aspiring pop stars competing on 'Idol' -- much the way Sharon Osbourne does to 'America's Got Talent' hopefuls.

"Sharon and I share the same thing," Michaels noted. "We're both very real. I'm not looking to crush anyone. I'll tell people that they gave either a great performance or that was the wrong song for them to do. People don't need soundbite comments. They need real, honest advice."

Stacey

Brett we love ya and whether you become American Idols next judge or not you seem to be a kind, honest, and reliable human being. If should read this Brett good luck with the surgery hope you and yours are well!!!

August 23 2010 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stacey

Well every rose has its thorn....so whomever they choose for American Idol as a judge No One will be perfect. However I believe that Brett Michaels would be honest, and not berate they competitor in doing so much like Simon did. American Idol if you are reading this you should go for BRETT!!!

August 23 2010 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey

He would be a good judge, due to his real experiences in music; However, the question for him is, as everyone knows that he is famous for the Rock style; will he be able to be 'flexible' in knowing what makes a quality singer in a wider range of styles in music in order for the competitor to show that they can have extended and continuing success as for a singing career rather than only being in one particular area of music such that as himself, a pop rock star?

August 14 2010 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nuzzi6798

ooooh come-on...Brett would be THE FIRST reason i watched that show...the world just loves that guy...and he would be soooo good at it...my vote is for brett... and to those people would made comments about him "faking" his illness...that is just wrong on so many levels...people with long term type 1 diabetes become very sick as they age..that illness just destroys all different organs in your body..instead of saying nasty stuff about people with illness, you should just be grateful it isn't you that has to deal with it......

August 14 2010 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to nuzzi6798's comment
anne

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16 2010 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Careyangel2

I think Brett would make an outstanding judge. He is smart, entertaining, honest and knowlegable of the music business. He would be a real asset to the show.

August 13 2010 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

I would love to see Bret Michaels as a judge on
"American Idol". He did a great job on Donald Trump's "The Apprentice". Give him a chance I am sure you will be amazed as well as pleased.

August 13 2010 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AJD

The first time I saw Brett was on celebrity apprentice because I am not into his kind of music but the more I saw of him the more I liked him. I think he would be perfect for AI and they should sign him up as soon as possible

August 12 2010 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Brett, only get the surgery if it is soo necessary. I fear complications afterwards...no bad carma here I just want you to stay with us. Way to close the last time....there are risks after heart surgery.. Please be careful..we love ya

August 12 2010 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

what a phoney michaels ...is he going to fake a sickness again like he did on trumps show... i guess the donald isn't that sharp....get lost michaels your a loser.....who ever heard of wearing a bandana in icu....get lost you phoney

August 11 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to jim's comment
lisa

I guess all you have to do to become credible it to have a near death experience. Seriously, before his health scare you never heard of him. He was a has been. There are so many more qualified people to do the job.

August 11 2010 at 7:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to lisa's comment
Mel

What have you been living under a rock? His star was rising again before his health scare. He was already favored to win Celebrity Apprentice before his health scare because people loved him, and his vh1 show rock of love was a big hit.

August 14 2010 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anne

I think Bret Michaels would be an excellent judge! You must live under a rock to think he is a has been. He won celebrity Apprentice and I've been following him for a ve
Bret Michaels is not only an American singer, he is also an actor, director, screenwriter, producer and reality television personality. He first gained fame as the lead vocalist of the glam metal band Poison. Besides his career as lead singer, he has several solo albums to his credit, as well as one chart single. He appeared in the VH1 reality show Rock of Love with Bret Michaels and its sequels, and as a judge on the talent show Nashville Star. He was the winning contestant on NBC's reality show Celebrity Apprentice. He shows incredible intelligence, sensitivity and kindness. For a man in that business since 1983, shows he is still "rockin"

September 16 2010 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply