September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Mark Wahlberg Rescued His Son from an Octopus Attack (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Aug 6th 2010 4:30AM
'Late Show': Wahlberg Rescued Family from OctopusMark Wahlberg was ready to kick octopus ass to rescue his family. No, seriously. Apparently life is stranger than fiction.

'The Other Guys' actor and his wife took their 4-year-old son Mikey to an aquarium, he explained on the 'Late Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS).

On a private tour, "this woman pulls up this gigantic octopus. The thing latches onto my son's arm, it's got my wife, wrapped completely around the lady [handling it] -- and another guy who's standing there. They can't get this octopus off." Even the animal's handler was "freaking out," he said.

Wahlberg pulled the octopus off his son, whose arm had "all these suction marks, looked like about 30 little hickeys ... I was like, 'This is calamari. I will kill this thing' ... They said it's never been that aggressive."

Obviously he didn't kill it. But David Letterman had a valid follow-up question: "How big is the [lawsuit]?"

Marshall

I want to see if this guy is telling the truth.
I want to see a video of this octopus from start to
finish.

August 06 2010 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rickson

Slimeball,jerk, scumbag?Is this guy a pedofile?A mass murderer?I admit ,he stunk in Planet of the apes,but jeeze, Mark Walberg is just an actor,or is it, he`s all these horrible things because he`s an American white male?

August 06 2010 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

Again, always someone who sticks up for the animal!? People and kids especially are more important. Years ago, Fran Drescher made up a story on Leno, since then I always wonder if some of the celebrities embellish on a talk show . . .

August 06 2010 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
heidi

The octopus should have grabbed this idiot instead of the child,the octopus would have done our country a service in killing the ugly no talent scumbag.

August 06 2010 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ucitytnm@gmail.com

Marky Mark should have brought the funky bunch to get his back when marine starts frontin.

August 06 2010 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hattie Crabtree

That idiot Mark W. getting a divorce?

August 06 2010 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dobie Gillis

I hate Zoos..I never took my kids to a zoo to watch the poor animals eating shit and suffering in cages. Let them go back to the wild!

August 06 2010 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dobie Gillis's comment
Hattie Crabtree

Hey Doobie,animals are being killed in " the wild " at an alarming rate.They live longer in zoos.

August 06 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARK

HEY LETTERMAN YOU SCUM BAG. GIVE THIS GUY A BREAK. I MEAN HE IS WILLING TO GIVE HIS LIFE FOR HIS FAMILY. LIKE ANY GOOD GUY WOULD DO. LIKE TO SEE YOU DO IT YOU JERK.

August 06 2010 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie

What's the deal with TV Replay? It's always something about the Letterman show. I don't give a rat's behind what happens on the Letterman show. Hey, there are other TV shows, you know?

August 06 2010 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ILCAPO

disp388684.... It wasn't such "special treatment." We have such things at the National Aquarium In Baltimore, which until recent years I was a volunteer diver. I got bit by one of our sharks. Fortunately, #1 she's a zebra shark with tiny teeth, and #2 I was wearing gloves. So, I didn't suffer any injury. She just smelled squid, which I had to feed the sting rays, and went for it. I was sloppy and allowed my hand to dangle behind me as I was pushing some of the rays away. Got hit by surprise. Put on quite a show trying to get her to let loose. Kept my hand, but the glove was destroyed. It's just something you have be aware of when dealing with wild animals. Even those held and trained in captivity can do things that are dangerous. It's an ever present risk when dealing with animals.

August 06 2010 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply