December 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Greg Gutfeld Proposes Building Gay Bar Next to Ground Zero Mosque (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Aug 10th 2010 1:45PM
On Tuesday's 'Red Eye' (Weeknights, 3 AM ET on Fox News) television's really early morning zoo, ringleader Greg Gutfeld made a suggestion that is sure to entertain and offend: he wants to build a gay bar right next to the controversial "Ground Zero" mosque.

Not just any gay bar, but a gay bar that caters to Islamic men. "An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith," Gutfeld said.

"As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality," Gutfeld explained. "Which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world."

Gutfled claims his gay bar idea is completely serious and not an elaborate satire: "This is not a joke. I've already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance."

What do you think about the Ground Zero Mosque gay bar: good idea or unnecessary provocation?

malkaashur

Can we call it Ram-A-Dan?

April 26 2013 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Singe

It's a 100% satirical joke, despite his protests to the contrary. C'mon people, this is Fox News. They're trying to be provocative and anger those danged lefty liberals by making light of their claims the Muslim community center is just a postive outreach program and totally not offensive in the wake of 9/11.

Problem is, as one of those "crazy liberals" I'm totally not offended by the proposal, even if it were completely serious. Gay bar? Go for it dude. I got no problem with it.

August 16 2010 at 5:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tyson bam

This was a much better piece and even had a valid message. just because you have the freedom to do something doesn't mean you should do it. Pork Plant Opens Next to Mosque Next to Ground Zero http://rancornews.com/nymosque.html

August 12 2010 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
frederick helmuth

I THINK THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! HOW ABOUT A BIKER BAR ON THE OTHER SIDE!

August 11 2010 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LucDee

I'm a totally liberal young man living in Oakland, CA, who believes they should allowed to open that mosque. But I can't help but feel their choice in location is a bit insensitive. Nothing would please me more in this world than to know that that group of Muslims own rhetoric of tolerance and understanding would be tested everyday by some of the most fabulous homosexuals NYC has to offer. This really is one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever heard, and I really hope this bar gets built. This is also the first time I've liked a Fox "News" segment.

August 11 2010 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yuggyyow

Sounds good to me dude. I cant think of a better place to build right next to where they bow to their cow or whatever it is the praise.

Lou
www.privacy.shop.tc

August 11 2010 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim coster

I am not a supporter of the homosexual lifestyle. However, I would support opening a gay bar or a hooters beside the proposed mosque. I cannot think of a more appropriate response to this mosque. Let the pious muslims walk past americans with all types of lifestyles every day en route to their prayer meetings. Hopefully, that would allow this property to become the world's largest and most expensive white elephant.

August 11 2010 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rush

"All Muslims are killers intent on destroying America."

The new "blood libel." Hate never goes out of style.

August 11 2010 at 10:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Austin Winslow

I think this proposition is outstanding...Undoubtedly both the mosque near ground zero has stirred up controversy, but I don't think it is intent to be provocative, only informative in a way that says we need to be tolerant to this mass of people who are overshadowed by extremist lunatics. On the other hand, a gay bar poses no threat to these "reasonable" Muslims, only the unreasonable ones. By any means, this is our homeland and if we deem it necessary to promote the equality of man regardless of age, race or sexuality, then no one should stand in the way of this happening. This is a free country after all. . .Isn't it?

August 11 2010 at 8:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Drew

They should turn the entire section around the mosque into a red light district and open up a casino and Hooters near by as well.

The hooters can be built next door to the mosque and can have a patio out front near the entrance of the mosque where people can sit down and enjoy beer and pork ribs served by woman with small t-shirts and booty shorts.

Surely Muslims would be up for a good time after all that praying.

August 10 2010 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply