October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Last Comic Standing' Finale: The Winner Is Revealed (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Aug 10th 2010 4:40AM
'Last Comic Standing' Winner Is RevealedFelipe Esparza or Tommy Johnagin: Which of them was the Season 7 champion of 'Last Comic Standing' (Mon., 9PM ET on NBC)? Host/comic Craig Robinson was careful to hike up the drama and delay the announcement as much as possible. Funny for us, yes, but probably not appreciated by the two tense finalists.

"Let's have the music and lights, and do it up big this time," said 'The Office' star. Pausing after every few words, he said, "It's the moment before -- savor it. After months of intense yet hilarious competition, America has decided. The winner who I am about to announce on this stage tonight. The winner of 250,000 dollars. One of these gentleman, right here."

For heaven's sake, who? You'll have to check the video.

jim

I really hoped Roy Wood, Jr. would win. He was the only one of the final five that I liked.

August 11 2010 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

This is the first time that when they announced the final five, I would have been happy with any of them. I like the house format better, of course, but LCS is good summer TV.

August 10 2010 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lorenzino

Quit with the whining already and give the guy some credit! I know I (or YOU) couldn't get up there like these guys did every time-I'd be too self conscious! Besides,the guy was actually good every time he was up! Try Being polite/happy toward others and it might just make you happy as well! Otherwise,I could go on a rant like Mike DiStefano and tell you what I really Think about all your Bitchin'!LOL

August 10 2010 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tvhcomedy

Did You know that one of the Producers :Barry Katz already manages the winner!! another year where the fix was in from the start!

August 10 2010 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hugh

I am sorry to say this, but, I did not think any of the comics were very good. I thought it was a very bad showing.

August 10 2010 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1stJimbo

This season of "Last Comic Standing" was one big, long disappointment. From day one till the finale, none of these so called,"comics" were funny. They just didn't have good material. If this is the best of the best, we're in big trouble. Iliza Schesinger could return in the last day of competition and still win again. In addition, the producers just had to fiddle with the past success of the format and eliminate all the side trips. This year was just flat, the talent was substandard, the judges weren't creditable and the jokes were terrible. This summer show can do much better because it's done so in the past. What a disappointment this year!

August 10 2010 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevin

Greg Giraldo is hilarious. He was the only reason I watched the show and when he wasn't on it I didn't bother to watch.

August 10 2010 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Seriously? Who voted for this guy? I thought the whole season sucked. The few funny ones that were there got voted out early and then there were the ones that didn't even make it that were much more funny than the ones that did make it through. Of course, I guess we have to blame the judges for that one. When Greg and Natalia (is that her name) did their own "stand-up", I thought that they were both horrible and then they were the judges.

August 10 2010 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply