September 16, 2014

Lynne Curtin Leaving 'The Real Housewives of Orange County'

by Kim Potts, posted Aug 10th 2010 9:37AM
Lynne CurtinSo far, the newest entry in the 'Real Housewives' franchise -- the D.C. version -- is proving to be less interesting on screen than off, but things are heating up on 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' before the show's sixth season even begins.

The Orange County Register reports that O.C. housewife Lynne Curtin will no longer be part of the cast when the show returns to Bravo early next year. Instead, she and her family have been replaced by Peggy Tanous and her husband Mitch, who are friends of current 'Housewives' star Alexis Bellino and her husband Jim.

Curtin and clan, meanwhile, will star in a new TV show on another network. She's revealed no specifics yet, but while confirming her departure from the 'Housewives' series via her Facebook page, Curtin also wrote cryptically about a new show.

"Rumor has it that I will not be returning for season 6," she wrote. "That rumor is true! Further rumor has it we will be back somewhere else on our own show! Hmmmm! 'Watch what happens.' Life is so unpredictable! Enjoy!"

Curtin, who joined the show in season four to replace the departing Lauri Peterson, has been known for her out of control teenage daughters, her obsession with staying thin and tanned -- almost to a Snooki level of orange -- and for her family's embarrassing financial woes, which included being evicted from their Laguna Beach home for failing to pay a security deposit, despite the fact that Lynne and one of her daughters had gotten expensive plastic surgery earlier in the season.

Curtin was also the subject of catty commentary from the other 'Housewives' because of her airhead behavior, which led them all to speculate that she was a pothead. She also spent her time on the show launching a line of bracelets and, in one of her most infamous moments, having a meltdown on husband Frank, who allegedly kept her in the dark about how dire their financial picture was.

In another Facebook update, Curtin wrote she was heartbroken about being written out of the show, saying that the choice was the network's, not hers. A Bravo spokesperson would not confirm claim.

"I was so let down the way this came about! We were the last to know! I guess Bravo has to do what they have to do! I thought we had a great relationship! I guess I was wrong!" Curtin, clearly a big fan of exclamation points, wrote. "It's funny how fast offers came to us from other places! That's how we found out we were not returning! Funny how life can be!"

She continued, "Thank you! We tried to be honest about our lives! I thought that's what reality TV is supposed to be! I would like our new show to be totally honest! No retakes or do overs. You will see it exactly the way it really happens! Someone thinks a lot of people will tune in! That makes me feel better about things! It's important to keep a positive vibe in life no matter what is going on!"

As for other changes on 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' when season six debuts in January 2011, Simon Barney, who filed for divorce from wife Tamra, reportedly will be MIA, while Tamra's new boyfriend, Eddie Judge, will pop up.

The O.C. Register also points out that, with Curtin's departure and Tanous' addition, 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' becomes the first 'Housewives' branch with an all-blonde cast.

Bob

LYNNE'S DAUGHTERS ARE NOTHING BUT BRATS,AND WANT EVERYTHING ON A SILVER PLATTER,ESPECIALLY ALEXIA,HOW MANY TIMES IS SHE GOING TO KEEP CRYING EVERY TIME FOR PEOPLE TO FEEL SORRY FOR HER,NEEDS TO GROW UP.GET OVER YOURSELF.BE NICE AND BUCK UP FOR ALL OF THEM TO HELP OUT AS A FAMILY.NOT WORRY ABOUT ME ME ME

March 30 2011 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MacdaddyMadi

I actually liked lynne alot, but the show seemed more about the problems with her daughter than her. I think all the housewives have their own problems, you people make it seem like they are so self absorbed. You're judging them based on the couple of hours you watch on the air. Bravo edits the videos so unless you know them personally, you really have no right to say what they are because you DO NOT know them. I think the show is too dramatic in all the wrong places, I don't care to hear about their problems everyone's got their own to deal with. As far a surgeries go i think they are all unecessary, but it's California. ethicals change depending where you are. My favorite is Tamara, but i THINK she's a bit two faced. Vicki SEEMS a bit too have a bad self esteem and tries to portray a different image of herself I can't balme her though, everyone's so rude too her. though I like her... Alexis had the cutest kids but her family and her seem a bit confused on how to act in the show. They say they're strong Christians, but they fight and and gossip like teenage girls? I understand they're human, but they need to realize that they aren't perfect and stop being so up tight on the show.

October 15 2010 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cwkpam

I have to say Vicki is the worst - she's so neurotic and is unkind to her husband. Lauri was such a dirtbag of a mother to both her son and daughter (couldn't be bothered with her son's problems which some maternal focus 15 years ago would have cured and treats her daughter as if she was a girlfriend she only rarely has time for) Plus she's so overly concerned with her looks and her next rich - emphasize RICH - boyfriend so she can continue to spend obscene amounts of money on herself. And that absurd wedding, more appropriate for a 23 y/o virgin. Lynne is raising an budding alcoholic but is too clueless and weak to do anything about it while she and hubby #3 overspend on a luxurious lifestyle they can't begin to afford.

August 13 2010 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa

Vickie's a bitch. She is hateful and jealous. She is very bad at trying to make the world believe that she is happy. She is miserable.

August 10 2010 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allyson

Never understood what Lynne was doing on the show any way. I guess they needed America to see how delusional women of Orange County can raise out of control brats. Then she finds out her financial situation and still goes on a huge shopping spree and spends thousands. The only one I can even tolerate a little is Vickie and that is in limited doses. I can't figure out how this show has stayed on. Alexis is a fake and her husband is beyond belief. At least Vickie has a clue about what life is all about in the real world.

August 10 2010 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kachina321

STOP WATCHING THESE SHOWS AND THEY WILL TAKE THEM OFF THE AIR.

August 10 2010 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kachina321

I HAVE TO SAY WHO GIVES A RATS PATOOT. I DON'T KNOW IF THESE PEOPLE GET PAID OR NOT. LIKE WE NEED ANOTHER REALITY SHOW ON T.V. I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH CRAP ON T.V ALREADY. WHEN WILL THIS END? I GUESS IT WILL END WHEN YOU PEOPLE STOP WATCHING THIS CRAP. I THINK ONE MARRAGE HAS GONE BY THE WAYSIDE ALREADY BECAUSE OF THE SHOW. WE NEED MORE SHOWS LIKE OCEAN BLUE AND STUFF THAT YOU CAN LEAN SOMETHING FROM. REAL PEOPLE DON'T LIVE THE WAY THESE PEOPLE DO. ALL THEY SHOW IS HOW MUCH MONEY THINGS WILL GET YOU. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY. ALL THE KIDS ARE BRATS AND THEY FIGHT OVER WHICH HOUSE THEY WILL GET. IF THIS ONE GETS THE ONE ON THE GOLF COURSE OR THIS ONE GETS THE ONE ON THE LAKE. IT MUST BE NICE TO HAVE ALL YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW BEFORE YOUR 21.

August 10 2010 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kachina321's comment
lisa

you are right now stop yelling!

August 10 2010 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ddawn07

Oh Great - I can't stand that abusive, controlling husband of Alexis - or her and her boobs for that matter - now they have "friends" great. Those self absorbed hypocrits weazeled their way right to the top of the show. I guess they will run Vicki off now. Jerks!

August 10 2010 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RUKidding

I used to like this show when it first started but the stupidity of some of these women is scary. Alexis and her husband are so fake they are ridiculous. As far as Lynne and her husband and underage, alcoholic daughters; do they MAKE them any dumber? Lynne did way too many drugs in her youth, her brain is FRIED. Her daughters are out of control. I say give Jeanna a HUGE raise and BEG her to come back to the show. If they lose Vicky.....I am DONE! (never thought I would say that until last season when she revealed that; yes, she IS human after all!!)

August 10 2010 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

Right.....They are all Blondes. I live not far from these OC Housewives. I wish they would move somewhere else. The Real OC Housewives are nothing like them. This Housewife show is just not fun to watch anymore.Won't be watching it.

August 10 2010 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply