December 18, 2014

Calista Flockhart Gets a New Love Interest on 'Brothers & Sisters'

by Rich Keller, posted Aug 13th 2010 11:40AM
Jeremy Davidson will be joining 'Brothers & Sisters' as Kitty's new love interest.Things are going to be plenty different when 'Brothers & Sisters' returns to the ABC lineup this fall. Not only will the show be minus regulars like Rob Lowe, Luke Grimes and Emily VanCamp, but thanks to the one-year flash forward the creators of the show have put together, Calista Flockhart's character will pass right by that pesky mourning period for her late husband (played by Lowe) and establish a new love interest.

The new man in her life will be 'Army Wives' actor Jeremy Davidson, according to Entertainment Weekly. Davidson, whose character hasn't been given a name yet, will appear in a multi-episode arc as a man Kitty first meets while she's living in Ojai during her year of transition.

According to David Marshall Grant, executive producer of 'Brothers & Sisters,' Davidson's character will be very different than Kitty's last husband Robert, who died in a fatal car crash at the end of the fourth season. In fact, Grant says Kitty's new love interest will be different than any of the men she has had relationships with in the past.

Davidson's character will be introduced at the beginning of the show's fifth season, which begins on Sept. 28th.

Lorna

I watch the show off and on. It can be captivating sometimes and other times I just want to get away from it. I've been told a hundred times I look like Sally Field. Just wish my bank account looked like hers too! Ha! :)

August 15 2010 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber

how do family dinners not include kids so your saying children are not part of a family your an idiot

August 15 2010 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Writer: that would be "different FROM," not different THAN. Who writes these articles???

August 15 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scottagottuso

I too and dissapointed that the awesome end that left us wondering who had died in the crash (if anyone) has now been spoiled. I certainly would rather have seen the season premier and had this revelation. Yes, thanks for ruining the cliff hanger for everyone. Hopefully, some people are not as easily pulled in the lastest hollywood dirt as we obviously are so inclined.

August 15 2010 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

Gee, thanks for this! Wow! The season finale showed a cliff hanger and no one knew for sure who died, if anyone. Thanks so much for screwing up the season premiere for us! Idiot!!!

August 15 2010 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Sue's comment
djmbos

Well, not for nothin' but unless you've been living under a rock, you should know by now that Rob Lowe left the show. That was confirmed even before the season finale...a no brainer!

August 15 2010 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

Sorry djmbos I have better things to do then to constantly watch TV, especially during the summer. A cliff hanger used to mean CLIFF HANGER, surprise, etc. now it's all about who can spoil things first.

I'll still watch the show but I would prefer to watch it on my terms and not when some blogger tells me the plot already

August 15 2010 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

As someone whose husband died a year ago I find it sad that instead of showing grief as it exists in a way a lot of people can relate to they write her a new love interest immediately.

August 15 2010 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jan's comment
Sue

Didn't you read the part that said the show is "fast forward" to a year from the death? That implies that she has had time to mourn!

August 15 2010 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

I am basically a mystery show person, BUT, I found Brothers & Sisters & LOVED IT. Jeremy is a very sensual/sexy actor; just look into his eyes, so sincere. He'll be a real asset to all the great characters & surely Flockhart will fall in love with him, unless of course he's not a Republican (ha ha). Welcome, Jeremy, welcome. Will miss him on Army Wives but his career will take a real leap on B&S.

August 15 2010 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stacie0530

They have the start date wrong, the show airs on Sunday so it begins on September 26th, not the 28th.

August 15 2010 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patty

He needs to stay on Army Wives. I won't be able to separate his Army Wives personality to this role. I think he's a jerk on there. Come on Brothers and Sisters, you can do better than this!

August 15 2010 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Very few shows today have writers that live in the
real world and know how to make a character
believable and interesting.
I think we only have a handful of shows
that anyone looks forward to watching, or cares
if they come back next season.
Brothers and Sisters and Friday Night Lights
must share the same writers, they are both
shows I enjoy each week. I'm never disappointed,
and wish they had less commercials.

August 15 2010 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply