December 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

David Hasselhoff Gets the Last Laugh on His 'Comedy Central Roast' (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Aug 16th 2010 5:55AM
'The Comedy Central Roast': David HasselhoffDavid Hasselhoff was the prime target on 'The Comedy Central Roast' (Sun., 10PM ET on COM), and the jokes were flying for "a man who is a colossal hit in Germany -- a country known for making rational decisions," said Seth MacFarlane.

Pamela Anderson said, "I remember how nervous I was on my first day of 'Baywatch' -- because I can't swim. But David was so sweet -- he pulled me aside and said, 'Don't worry, I can't act.'"

But Hasselhoff took it all in stride, telling MacFarlane, "I've heard rumors that you like to drink -- sometimes maybe a little too much. Now be careful, Seth, you don't want to end up like me -- tall, handsome, rich and famous all over the world."

The Hoff also had some zingers (in this clip) for Anderson, Jerry Springer and Gilbert Gottfried.

Earl

...never liked the guy...think he has no talent and is a narcicist.........I wonder how much he paid to throw his own roasting?

August 19 2010 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neuticles

that guy is nothing more than a washed up drunk. why all the hype over this phoney event?

August 16 2010 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

There is nothing funny about any of these Comedy Central roasts. Too much vulgarity involved. I'd rather buy and watch the DVDs of the old Dean Martin roasts. Even the commercials for those DVDs are a whole lot funnier than these Comedy Central roasts.

August 16 2010 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
james e. gary

Boy David got it right when he called Anderson white trash, although she's canadian white trash.

August 16 2010 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gale

First of all any celebrity knows they are living in a fish bowl, their lives and everything they do on display to the general public, it goes with the territory. So nothing that was said at the Roast was anything new to the general public. However I do give Mr. Hasselhoff credit for his stoicism and wit. Hats off to you David.

August 16 2010 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

Humor does NOT have to be raw to be funny. Some of the best humor is subtle. This in-your-face crap comes from weak minds and low - intelligence.
These are the same people who laugh at gas passing over and over and over again. Get an IQ higher than four.

August 16 2010 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carly

OK. I admit, I watched this roast. And I just wanna say two things: 1st. I give Hoff a LOAD of credit for sitting up there, knowing the things he's done and letting all those IDIOTS point it all out on national TV. I'm not sure I coulda had the balls for that. And 2nd, I don't recall, back in the day, Dean Martin's Roasts being so blatantly hostile and aggressive. Different times, I guess. I thought the whole thing was done in extremely poor taste. I gave up the ghost after Jerry. Hoff was uncomfortable [had his arms crossed pretty much the whole time]. Pam wasn't anywhere near comfortable, either. And Lisa hasn't got a clue! A buncha angry, unhospitable people.

August 16 2010 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

The old-fashioned Dean Martin roasts were funny. These pathetic filthy things are more for a mens locker room.
Just shows how we've settled for mediocrity in this country.

August 16 2010 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alex

If you don't like Roasts or satirical humor you shouldn't watch it!!! Just keep watching that incidious crap that's on TV like everybody loves Raymond.....Some of it gets pretty raw...but humor should be edgy and risky to be funny...

August 16 2010 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy

There was little on TV to watch last night so I tuned in to the Roast. To much of it was vile language about body parts which is an indication of lack of comic creativity. Shows like that and the number of people that Kathy Griffin draws at her shows just proves how far down the drain American morals has gone.

August 16 2010 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply