July 29, 2014

Syfy Orders a Fifth Season of 'Eureka'

by Mike Moody, posted Aug 17th 2010 5:00PM
erueka syfyHere's proof that reboots can work: Syfy has renewed quirky dramedy 'Eureka' for a fifth season.

The show premiered to solid numbers in July with a new storyline that tossed all the major characters into an alternate timeline where things are slightly more off-kilter than usual. The series also added 'Battlestar Galactica' vet James Callis to the cast this year as time-traveling scientist Dr. Charles Grant.

According to a Syfy press release, 'Eureka' is averaging more than 3 million viewers per week, with half of those viewers in the key 18-49 demo.

"'Eureka' remains a steadfast performer for Syfy with its superb cast and perfect blend of drama, comedy and eye candy," said Syfy programming chief Mark Stern.

The Friday night show earned a big push from the cable net for its recent crossover episode with sister series 'Warehouse 13.' Fans can expect the show to nab the Syfy spotlight again with a planned holiday special set to air this December.

Recent episodes have featured geeky guest stars like Jamie Kennedy and former TV Squad columnist Wil Wheaton. Other guests include 'Stargate Universe' cast member Ming-Na, Felicia Day, Matt Frewer, and Dr. Spacemen himself, Chris Parnell.

Here's a sneak peek at this Friday's episode, 'Stoned.'

Alicia

Well done Syfy! Now if we could only get you guys to do all 20 seasons at once instead of 10 seasons here, 10 seasons there. Also, love the new timeline! Love that Jack could FINALLY stop pining after Allison and actually be WITH her! Same for Henry with the new replacement in his life with Grace

September 03 2010 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gooby

This definitely made my week. Eureka's been my favorite sci-fi show since season 1, episode 1 so I'm really glad SyFy made the choice to continue. I LOVE Eureka. Best characters and fun episodes make it a definite must.

My question is though, any plans for Blu-Ray release on older seasons? Anyone know?

August 18 2010 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

YAY!
Can't get enough of this show.

I miss the original Sheriff Andy though. New guy is funny, but just doesn't have the same vibe.

August 18 2010 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

Definitely deserves the renewal. This has been a strong season so far.

August 17 2010 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy_MO

I was skeptical of the reboot at first but I have to admit it's working. James Callis' 1940s American accent leaves a lot to be desired but he been a welcome addition to the cast. Glad to Syfy has at least one brain cell working.

August 17 2010 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

Awesome!

August 17 2010 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

Good I love this show. The women on Eureka are smoking hot... and smart... did I mention hot?

August 17 2010 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply