April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

George Lopez Picks a Tattoo, With Some Help From Kat Von D (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Aug 18th 2010 3:38AM
George Lopez Picks a Tattoo, With Some Help From Kat Von DIs getting "ink" a good idea or not? George Lopez must consider this question. He's 49 years old, and thus far, he has no tattoos. But all of that may change tonight.

On 'Lopez Tonight' (weeknights, 11PM ET on TBS), George talks with legendary tattoo artist Kat Von D. And she gives him a bunch of different options for works of art that he could have permanently inscribed into his skin. Here are some of the options:

1) A tattoo of Kanye West's "Twitter" page.

2) A tattoo of a United States passport. (This being a sly "illegal immigrant" reference on Kat's part.)

3) The names of Lopez's wife and daughter. (Aw! How cute!)

4) A "Golf or Die" tattoo. (Which refers to George's love of ... golf -- duh.)

So those are the options! They're all fairly good -- or awful, depending on your point of view. Which one should George go with?

Dean

This racist prick is still on tv?

August 18 2010 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joan

I thought George Lopez was Sandra Bullocks friend. How could he have this piece of garbage on his show?
I guess the racist remarks about him are true... What a fool. Will never watch him again,,,,ever.....

August 18 2010 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sonia

He should get a Tatto that says Viva Mexico!!

August 18 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

Andy Warhol was right.

August 18 2010 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

Thank you. My sentiments exactly.

August 18 2010 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpuzzlewhiz

HOORAY!

THE SPAMMER GOT REMOVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 18 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jdee

how about a tat that say's I am a Mexican Racist...

August 18 2010 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpuzzlewhiz

Marshall McLuhan once said that "Television is a vast wasteland". If he were alive today, I'm sure he would include the Internet in his analogy. Why is George Lopez' getting a tattoo even considered to be newsworthy? Many people get tattoos every day, and THEY don't make the news. Oh, I forgot...George is a so-called CELEBRITY.

Now, as for myself, personally, I prefer NOT to get a tattoo. I figure that if God didn't give me such markings at birth, then I wasn't meant to have them. I won't, however, tell others that THEY shouldn't get them. That's up to them, and I'm fine with that.

August 18 2010 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
samcw2000

He is an American citizen by birth, jerk!!! He was born in Mission Hills, CA in 1961.

August 18 2010 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paula

Are you kidding? Didn't he have a kidney transplant and is on antirejection medications. Didn't his doctors advise him not to do anything that would cause an infection which would damage his new kidney. If they did this is idiotic and a life threatening ordeal and the person doing it should be held with some responsibility to stop this. A tattoo artist should, one with some medical knowledge, should know that the skin is the first barrier to infection... shouldn't they? And George should know that he is putting himself in serious harm by doing this... Really???

August 18 2010 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply