September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jerry Springer Doesn't Like His Show and Thinks He's Going to Hell (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Aug 26th 2010 4:39AM
Jerry Springer Doesn't Like His Show and Thinks He's Going to Hell"Trash TV" host Jerry Springer appeared on 'Chelsea Lately' (weeknights, 11PM ET on E!). While speaking with Chelsea Handler, he discussed the 20th anniversary of 'The Jerry Springer Show.' However, Jerry seems to have mixed feelings about his own program, at best.

"Congratulations on twenty years," Chelsea said to him. "That's a really long time."

But this was Jerry's response: "I'm going to Hell." Yes, Jerry Springer is not actually a big fan of the 'The Jerry Springer Show.' "There's no excuse for it, but yeah; it stays on the air," he said.

Jerry also pointed out that his talk show has "no redeeming social value." He seemed to be struggling to think of something positive about his long TV career. Eventually, he mentioned that he generally liked the guests on his program -- even though his guests usually end up screaming, cursing, fighting, or throwing chairs at each other.

But Chelsea didn't even buy the fact that Jerry liked his guests. "You're so full of sh#t right now," she told him. She went on to add that the people on his show were "maniacs," and Jerry didn't seem to totally disagree.

Squiggles

I watched his show a few times back in the 90s when it first aired. The fighting was shockingly new then, but even after watching his show a few times one could tell how things on his show would develop. I asked myself why people would even sign up for this show, just to air their dirty laundry on national TV. And now I'm asking myself how this show could have stayed on the air for 20 years, continually showing the same thing. I can imagine that even Jerry Springer got bored with his show at some point, and after 20 years he should have made so much money that he doesn't NEED to air this garbage anymore. So WHY he is continuing is beyond me.

August 26 2010 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
enough

You were probably a guest on many of his shows

August 26 2010 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
enough

I don't know of anyone that ever watches his show. He is a dried up has been who never was. His show is totally fake, the guests are fake and the shows are all scripted. He's made a fortune off of being nothing but a big jerk.

August 26 2010 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Carson

Filthy, stinking garbage (and so is his show).

August 26 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edith Ann

People who enjoys watching people fight is violent and loves trouble. If they like fighting so much send them to Iraq and bring all the troops home that is so tired of fighting and turmoil. But of course if you look at these people in the audience, they look like a bunch of crazy morons, their face is numb looking, their eyes glazed so that sort of explains why Jerry still has a job, they will always be sadistic people, and those women who goes on there fighting over another one's man is purely a disgrace for women, don't they know they are making fools of themselves? Men has always loved to see women fight, catfights they call it, and I would not give them the satisfaction of stooping that low. And all that yelling from these crazed zombie women, well I wouldn't be surprised if they are not found out in the desert. And as far as Jerry Springer he just looks like evil and the devil all in one. I tried watching this show just to see how ignoranat people could get and I couldn't last half way through it, no tack, I still cannot believe this is even on tv, should be banned. I have a freind who is so wrapped up in his show that she has become another person, but I am working on her, trying to get her treatment, she don't need to watch such garbage, as a matter of fact I finally got her to going out to breakfast with me and the mall 3 times a week just to let her see real people, if we only walk through the mall, and she is actually coming around. Her depression seems to be disappearing.

August 26 2010 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gene kaplan

this show adds to the down fall of America, he makes a lot of money and our children see this garbage on TV get off the air jerry you and your show stinks

August 26 2010 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

Jerry shows how the real world really is.
People are people and they screw up.
Keep up the good work Jerry

August 26 2010 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

I got news for ya Jerry, hell is here on earth!

August 26 2010 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sunshine

But we love you Jerry. Your show has social value. It has showed us how, what, where, some Americans are intellectually living. It gives us a view of what other people are going through and how they communicat; their moral values. It gives us insight into "another" social America. Why don't you change your show that it may have value that you want?

August 26 2010 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sara

When the show first aired it was not to bad, real people , real problems, but they wanted bigger ratings so now its called trash tv.. hey Jerry , i really like you, but this show gotta go,try a talk show,, might be alot better for you..

August 26 2010 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply