December 18, 2014

Edyta Sliwinska Reportedly Quits 'Dancing With the Stars'

by Kelly Woo, posted Aug 30th 2010 7:00PM
Edyta SliwinskaAfter 10 seasons, 'Dancing With the Stars' pro Edyta Sliwinska has reportedly quit the show. She told TMZ, "The producers' vision of what they wanted my career to be did not meet my expectations. They wanted my career to be the show. I can't be a dancer my whole life."

She said she plans to go back to school to get a degree in communications and dance, as well as pursue other projects.

But according to TMZ, ABC had no comment and a source said Sliwinska is still under contract.

Sliwinska is the only professional dancer to appear throughout the reality competition's entire run -- though she's never won the prized mirrorball trophy. Her best result on the show was second place with NFL player Jason Taylor in season 6. Last spring, in season 10, she and partner, soap actor Aiden Turner, placed ninth.

The sultry dancer is married to former 'DWTS' pro Alec Mazo, who won with Kelly Monaco in season 1. Sliwinska told TMZ she didn't like how the show treated him. "I want to work more with my husband and [the producers] didn't make him a big part of the show or very involved."

Yahoo!

Edyta is one smart woman!! I have to say, I only watched DWTS to watch her...she is an AMAZING dancer with a body most of us women look at with GREAT admiration. She was always so pleasant especially considering the partners she was stuck with!! I don't watch DWTS any longer, and haven't for quite a while...with Edyta gone, there's not ONE reason in the world to watch it! Good luck, Edyta...you are awesome!!

March 15 2012 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
msdurham

Edyta was definitely the best dancer and will be missed, but it's admirable that she wants to return to school. Best of luck to her!

October 05 2010 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia

ABC has lost me. Edyta is one of of the best, most passionate, most talented dancers on the show and one of the most down-to-earth, kind people on the show too. She will be missed on the show by everyone. She is smart to get off of there no matter how much we want her to stay. If the show was disrespecting her husband it just shows the type of person she is. The show won't be there forever(especially in the direction its going now). Now she can go off and have a happy life and have babies with Alec. :) I just hope she doesn't stay away from her fans like us.

September 20 2010 at 3:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jed clampett

The ONLY reason i ever tuned in once in a blue moon was to see edyta. easily the HOTTEST most ATTRACTIVE woman ever on that LAME show!

September 01 2010 at 10:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mawmaw888

The show will not be the same without Edyta, (my husband will be so upset) She always looked amazing in any outfit they put on her. Her body is one that one can only dream about. She is one terrific dancer & I will miss her. I wish her well.

September 01 2010 at 6:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Primm55

Edyta was my favorite female dancer and she had a great personality besides her dance talent. It won't be the same show without her.

September 01 2010 at 6:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ellengem2

I agree with Trisha. They hardly ever gave her good partners. Edyta was my favorite dancer and the best female dancer. She showed so much passion for dance!

September 01 2010 at 5:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
c68g70

You lost great dancer/sexy hypnotizng lady.Lost me ABC

September 01 2010 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reality Show Chick

Wanna see who TURNED DOWN the show?? http://ow.ly/2xW5P

September 01 2010 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trisha mercy

why wouldn't she quit? she is a professional and all you ever gave her were people that didn't have a snowballs chance to even make it. I will miss her very much, and I think you may start to see the rest o your dancers jumping ship asap. it is no longer a plus to have your show on a resume! Good luck Edyta.

August 31 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply