July 24, 2014

Conan O'Brien Names New TBS Show: 'Conan'

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 1st 2010 10:20AM
Conan O'BrienAfter months of speculation, it's finally here: 'Conan.'

Yep, that's what Conan O'Brien has named his new TBS show, the comedian announced on Vulture this morning. As he said in an accompanying video, it's "Simple. Pure. Like the man himself."

But wait, aren't there legal issues? What about 'Conan the Barbarian'? The legal department at TBS has that under control. A new logo is still to come, since we doubt the show will use the white sheet of printer paper that O'Brien's scrawled across with a Sharpie in the video.

Yesterday, O'Brien said on Twitter, "I was going to announce the name of my new show today, but my lawyers tell me 'The Return of Nanny McPhee' is taken. Tune in tomorrow."

And now we have 'Conan.'

Check out the video ...

Tell us: What do you think of the name?

Dean

He should have named the show Cry Baby.

September 01 2010 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robyne

WOOOHOOOO I have been waiting to hear when he was coming back! CONAN YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have been Missed! Can't wait to LMAO

September 01 2010 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andy

Jay leno and david letterman are burned out with all their money and boyh need to be put out to pasture. they suck !

September 01 2010 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Who cares about the name, as long as he does something about that HAIR! Jeesh!

September 01 2010 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bev O Dill

I think his antics are childish and I wouldn't waste my time watching. He is a real cry baby.

September 01 2010 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

It's to bad he is back on the air!!!!!

September 01 2010 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Renee

Finally!!!! And on my birthday :) Perfect!

September 01 2010 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bapplb1

conan is an arse. LENO RULES

September 01 2010 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cecil B. DeMille

The best name would be "Victoria Secret Models Get Naked". At least then he will have a good first night....after that I'm afraid it's back to disaster. I don't see much future for an unsophisicated comic doing sight gags which appeals mostly to uneducated teens.

September 01 2010 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carole

Wouldn't watch "conan" (how un-original) just like himself, no talent, if you paid me to. Jay Leno still has a "CLASSY SHOW", for adult viewers, not like the simpleton that will be on tbs.

September 01 2010 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply