July 25, 2014

'Frasier' Spinoff? Kelsey Grammer 'Seriously Thinking About That'

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 1st 2010 1:30PM
Kelsey GrammerA spinoff of a spinoff? If Kelsey Grammer's Twitter musings ever become more than just passing thoughts, Dr. Frasier Crane could live again.

The actor Tweeted last month about the possibility of catching up with a new generation of the the Crane family, the New York Post reports. "Maybe it is time for a Frasier reunion," Grammer wrote. "(It's) very interesting to say the least... maybe a Frasier reunion on like a new show seriously thinking about that !!!."

'Frasier,' his 'Cheers' spinoff about Seattle radio psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane, ran for 11 seasons -- coincidentally, the same number of seasons its predecessor lasted. Grammer played Crane for a total of 20 seasons, tying 'Gunsmoke''s Marshall Matt Dillon for the longest-running character on primetime TV.

Grammer solicited opinions from his Twitter followers about the possibility of a spinoff. "I'm now really thinking maybe a spin-off of Frasier?" he wrote. "How would u feel about that with like my son and (Frasier's fictional brother) Niles' sibling? Cameos by old cast?"

How do you feel about a 'Frasier' spinoff? Would you watch?

Jacob Colby Bunch

Absolutely I would watch a spin-off show of 'Fraiser' I have watched all 11 years of episodes in order and continue to watch them on Netflix and TV re-runs. Fraiser is by far my favorite character of sitcom television and my favorite show!!!

February 18 2012 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clara

Would love a spinoff of Frasier. I continue to watch the show everyday and even have all 11 seasons on DVD. I would love to see it happen and succeed.

July 19 2011 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
whatsit2yadudes

Kelsey, what a guy. All his attempts at shows since 'Frasier' have tanked! It was probably hard for most to see him as a different character after his 20years of Dr. Frasier Crane. Also, the writing for Frasier and Cheers was outstanding. I always thought that he and Niles would go into a partnership....perhaps running a "psyche ward'" of a hospital floor or clinic. Or perhaps following some "two steps" from the Newhart show like Daryl, his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl. Also, imagine what it would be like as Niles is married (kids?) and now we see Frasier married...some great possibilities with lots of room for creativity. And...when will they do a "Cheers" reunion? Would have been great. Anyways...I say GO FOR IT, Kelsey...we're all pulling for ya!!!!!!!

May 27 2011 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

Absolutely! I love re-watching Frasier reruns... great writing... fantastic acting with perfect comic timing!
I also really liked Kelsey in "Back to You" and watched it every week.. It would be great if David Hyde Pierce was available for a spin-off and maybe Jane Leeves would be able to do it in between taping "Hot in Cleveland". I loved the actress that played Roz also!

February 02 2011 at 1:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat

I was a huge fan of Frasier. David Hyde Pierce was my favorite, along with Jane Leeves. I'd definitely watch a spin-off!

September 05 2010 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathie

I loved both Cheers and have seen every episode of Frasier many, many times. Mostly now I don't even watch them as I've seen them so many times.
But, enough is enough! It was a great show and they couldn't do another that would be as good. He's getting too old to be the ladies man. (I actually never saw how he was.) He did try that one show for a bit that never got anywhere.
Leave well enough alone. Retire Kelsey. Or does he need a bunch more money to pay to the wife who left him?

September 05 2010 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blu Ladu

Could not think of anything I would love to see more. I liked "Cheers",and liked Frasier on "Cbeers". I did not watch "Frasier" that much when it was on but totally fell in love with it in reruns.Please, Kelsey and the whole "Frasier" gang come back and bring whoever you want with you. You are grear reguardless of your co-stars are.You are one of those guys we girls kinda crush on no matter our age. Love Ya!!!!!

September 04 2010 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Jane Spirk

I would watch it. I've always thought that Fraiser was one of the funniest shows ever on TV. The interaction between Niles and Fraiser so soooo funny. I would love to see what they come up with.

September 04 2010 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Carson

Who is Georgia McDermott and why are all of my comments listed under her name???? My name is Michael Maxwell!

September 04 2010 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Carson

I'm already clearing room on my shelf for more Frasier DVDs!

September 04 2010 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply