November 26, 2014

'Sons of Anarchy' Cast Talks Season 3, Guest Stars & Going Up Against the IRA (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Sep 1st 2010 2:00PM
'Sons of Anarchy' is one of those shows that always leaves me with a pit in my stomach ... and that, Kurt Sutter, is a huge compliment.

After the gut-wrenching attacks on the motorcycle club in season 2 -- including the finale's cliffhanger kidnapping -- they're picking right back up with Gemma and Clay, Jax and Tara and the gang, and the aftermath is sure to be emotional, explosive and incredibly violent.

I caught up with stars Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff to hear all about the characters being more proactive and where we'll find matriarch Gemma this season (premieres Tues., Sept. 7, 10PM ET on FX). They also talked about the amazing guest stars we'll see (including Titus Welliver, Hal Holbrook and Paula Malcomson) and how the IRA will give SAMCRO a run for their money.

rumblejugs

I totally agree with diamond. i have grown up in that life style and yea the show is deffinately cleaned up quite a bit but is a really good (show).

June 18 2011 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JAMES DAVID

OLD DOG;
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD MAN IT SURE IS EASY TO PICK OUT THE REAL DEAL, AND THE ONE'S WHO ARE NOT.

September 07 2010 at 2:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JAMES DAVID

You know for someone to make a stupid statement like the little punk wbmmjf, now those words usually comes from some sissy who found out his girlfriend was caught riding on the back of one of those stupid lazy classless trash bikers, you would be surprised how many of these bums are Doctors,Lawyers and such I can tell you that for a fact, oh hell what would a wanna be know anyhow.

September 07 2010 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wbmmjf

A program that glorifies stupid, lazy, classless trash? I would hope for more programs that turn people away from this lifestyle and make them better people who are more educated and who have higher ideals and ambitions.

September 07 2010 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John from Philly

A very well-written, edge-of-your-seat kind of show.

The cast is great, as well as the plotlines. For a few of the episodes, I read that the Sons will be in Belfast to help find Jax's son (John Teller set-up a post in Belfast before he died).

I hope that the Sons return to the States quickly to wreak havoc and take care of business that affects their turf.

Kurt, you have a great show. I hope you, Katey and the rest of the cast are remembered at next year's Emmy Awards (Katey clearly earned best actress for her work, and imo, got shafted at the nominations).

Ride on!!!

September 06 2010 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baddbob

yeah....you just about nailed it bro. There are a lot of people (motorcycle enthusiasts) that ride their Harleys on the weekend and then there is true scooter trash! "You know you are truly scooter trash if you've ridden in a rainstorm that was so bad you decided that it was not not necessary to pull over to relieve yourself." Am I tellin' the truth??

Baddbob (quote from Reverend Al)

September 06 2010 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to baddbob's comment
JAMES DAVID

BADDBOB;
YOUR RIGHT AS RAIN YOUNG MAN.

September 07 2010 at 1:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bumper

This is show is a waste. I can not comprehend how TV producers would support and fund this show. I've been riding HD for 35yrs, with upstanding guys n gals, and other fellow motorcyclists; the biking image this show depicts is so demeaning and trashy to say the least.

September 06 2010 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobby G.

Great Show !!..Bring it on !! ...All of the members of our club, Boulevard Aces Texas, will be on the front row !! We want to see this show for years to come. Good Job !!
Bobby G.

September 06 2010 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Old Dog

Hey my place is clean, and I wear sneakers sometimes when I ride. To say "bikers" are dirty and always wear heavy leather boots and old leather jackets is a sign of ignorance. There is no one set lifestyle, that only exists in Hollywood, so give us a break talking about " the lifestyle". This is a cool drama based on general perceptions of :bikers". It is entertainment, not a documentary. Oh, by the way, if you have to tell everyone your a biker, you not.

September 06 2010 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diamondharley1

Favorite show. It is definately toned down for TV. The viewing public is not ready for the real club life. Those of you out there who are hard core or have been property of someone who is gets it. Nothing makes my heart race like the sound and feel of a Harley. Been around it since 1968 and nothing is better than the brotherhood that is shared. But bring on SOA it is the next best thing as you can do for tv. I will keep watching if you keep making the show. Weekend warriors not included. You may love your Harley but you do not get the lifestyle that goes with it.

September 06 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to diamondharley1's comment
ouicb

f****** "A" Bro! Nailed it right in the Head!!

September 06 2010 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply