April 15, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jerry Lewis on Lindsay Lohan: 'I Would Smack Her in the Mouth!' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Sep 2nd 2010 3:15PM
We're not going to say this clip makes Jerry Lewis seem like an angry, half-crazed old man, because we're afraid he might hit us.

On 'Inside Edition' (weekdays, syndicated), Lewis went on a tirade against young Hollywood and said that Lindsay Lohan needs a "smack in the mouth" followed by a firm spanking to set her straight.

"I would smack her in the mouth and be arrested for abusing a woman," Lewis said. "I would say, 'You deserve this and nothing else.' Whack! And then, if she's not satisfied, I'll put her over my knee and spank her!"

Lewis' opinion of Paris Hilton wasn't much more sympathetic. "The same thing with Paris Hilton," he said. "Those children are begging for help. What they're doing is saying, 'I'm f***ed up. Can you please help me?'"

Robert Johnston

Yeah, Jerry, you go ahead and lay a beatdown on Lindsay and Paris.

Thirty minutes later, you can kiss your fortune, and your telethon, goodbye as MDA drops you as host and BOTH Paris and Lindsay haul your pathetic arse into Civil Court and take everything you own.

If, of course, their respective bodyguards don't batter you within a milimeter of joining Deano, Frankie, and Sammy in the afterlife!

Just another has-been "celebrity" trying to hold onto his "fifteen minutes of fame" any which way he can.

What a ultra-clyde! Scramsville, Jerry--I hear Paris is nice this time of year.

--RKJ

September 09 2010 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allen Gangloff

Why can't we just live & let live lije my mother taught me 75 tears ago Allen -a

September 09 2010 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggie

How pathetic - Jerry you are a disgrace! There is no "rat pack" left to ride the coat tails of anylonger you talentless hot air bag! The only decent thing you ever did was appear to benefit MD and now that you are just a bigoted old hot air bag! If Sammy and Dean were still alive they would be ashambed to know you..........

September 09 2010 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaytonaGary

Both are already the biggest Skanks on the planet.Next to The Kardashian whores.They are all ruined.And no decent man would touch them.

September 09 2010 at 8:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

Not having seen the whole interview, I have to wonder what sparked the question that evoked such a vehement response? Did the interviewer know his views on the subject and purposely spur him on with questions designed to make him look bad (not that he needs any help there , mind you,...)
It just seems to me like someone wanted to poke the old bear to see if he'd growl more nonesense.
While I agree with his views on the Lindsay and Paris subject. That's about all I agree on, but still think this wouldn't be making the rounds of angry fans if someone didn't go out of their way to find something new to draw out a negative response from someone they already knew had very outspoken and negative views of certain subjects.

September 07 2010 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mesaman

Let's hear it for ol' Jerry. Unfortunately his only claim to fame is the $million he personally makes annually at the labor day telefon. At least he's making his days at the "Old Folks Home For Unfunny Comedians" linger on longer than most of thought he could.

September 05 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mingo

some day one of ollywoods brat will run someone down in the street and kill them and some people on here will still be defending these drunks and drug users. lets hope its not one of your kids. When their press agent gets done with it your kid will of deserved it

September 03 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amythystkitty

What makes me giggle is that when I opened this earlier today, it said Jerry LEE Lewis. The rock star. Not Jerry Lewis, the comedian. Amazing how they hurried up and fixed it.

But he's right - if someone had whooped their as*es when they were little, we wouodn't be having this problem with 'em now.

September 03 2010 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennnis

Jerry knows how to do it ... spank em ... lil does he know thats's what they really like !

September 03 2010 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

I can understand where Jerry Lewis is coming from, but "come on, Jerry". "Smack her in the mouth"? Why comment at all? Aren't you just giving her some more attention...no matter what kind it is? She's needs to be totally left alone and ignored. And the news medias reaaly need to up their standards by reporting on "worthwhile" news...not this crap.

September 03 2010 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply