September 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Danielle Staub Explains Exit From 'Real Housewives' on 'Early Show' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Sep 9th 2010 1:30PM
According to Danielle Staub of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey,' she wasn't fired from the show and she didn't quit. Instead, she "walked away," deeming it an appropriate time to leave the reality show after two chaotic seasons, she said on 'The Early Show' (weekdays, 7AM ET on CBS).

"I walked away," Staub said. "It was a good time for me to leave. What was left? Kill me? There was no peace in two years and I just felt like I had done all I could do."

Staub also touched on her lingering, awkward hug of fellow housewife Jacqueline Laurita at the end of the show's two-part reunion. "I didn't think it was uncomfortable," she said. "I really hadn't had an opportunity to even speak to her. We were at odds ... And that was the first moment in two years, actually, that we really had a dialogue going ... I was feeling a lot of closure between she and I."

And, Staub said she doesn't feel she was accurately portrayed on the show. "I think editing is a beautiful, wonderful thing and it did make wonderful TV," adding that certain other housewives were shown "favoritism," but that she's fine being portrayed as the "villain."

just wondering

Just to educate you Danielle..The ONLY reason Jacqueline accepted your ...MADE FOR TV..apology is that she does what most WISE people do with NUTS like you..I have always heard keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer...

September 14 2010 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carla Rhomberg

If you all can remember Dina said that no one see what goes on behind the scenes.Bringing men with guys to meet Caroline give me a break. Caroline was only trying to talk since into the other girls. I guess to feel the way they did about Danielle you would have to be in there shoes. If anyone would call my daughter a coke whore i would be doing more then standing in front of a car waiting for her to leave. I'd pull all her hair out. That is going way to far if you ask me. Look at what she has done to her beautiful girls. They are the ones that are trully suffering in silents. I wish their father was more involved in there lives. Now all of a sudden she is a Lesbion. The way she is acting is and insult to the Gay community. The gay community are very serious and sincere people. Not trouble making liers. She places a black mark on the community. Heaven help the Danielles girls.

September 11 2010 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

Danielle, Isn't walking away QUITING. But we all know your were FIRED. Because Bravo didn't want YOUR DRAMA.

BYE

September 11 2010 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bry

Does this emotional gang banging of Danielle ever stop? Do those who keep doing it (online as right here), ever wake up to any individualistic, thinking?
Is it really that much fun to follow others and to be constantly so hateful in life?

Calling and treating another human being like "garbage" is really honorable and continueing to do it in variuos ways still (as is being done here), is well... not real impressive, to say the least.

People who need to attack like this, I suspect, have their own issues and perhaps should worry less about someone like Danielle, and more about why they are so judgemental and hateful and need to spew it at others and online.

You know the old saying, when you have a finger pointed at another you have three fingers pointing back at yourself. Take a look in the mirror.

September 11 2010 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kayla

Hard to find anyone to like on this series. Teresa is just as bad a liar as Danielle. And Joe is a total piece of work. Caroline is holier than thou. Jacquelyn is a non-entity. Maybe it's time to clean house and start from scratch. Andy, you can do so much better than this.

September 11 2010 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mm

Bye, Bye, Danielle, can you hear your 15 minutes of fame going away...tick...tick...tick..this is a good thing for the women of New Jersey.

September 11 2010 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NANA

YOU WILL SEE THE RATINGS FALL LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WITH DANIELLE GONE. CAROLINE WHO THINKS SHE A "GOD MOTHER"( WOULD BE A GOD FATHER IF SHE WERE A MAN) HAS SOME CONTROL OVER THE WHOLE BUNCH OF HER SO CALLED FAMILY. SHE IS THE VILLAIN IN ALL OF THIS WITH HER SMUG LOOKS AND EYE ROLLING. I'LL BE WATCHING HOUSEWIVES OF DC. N.J. WILL BE DULL COMPARED TO THE DC GALS.

September 11 2010 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to NANA's comment
diamondlotus

I don't think Caroline is controlling, or a villain, she is a bit more mature and cautious than the others, she doesn't like bullshit and tells it like she sees it, which I happen to admire, and simply tries to warn the others to be more cautious in their dealings with people like Danielle, who all of them barely knew at the beginning and who did indeed cause no end of grief and drama in their lives, and who proved to be a psychotic nightmare. I think Caroline is a great Mom, wife and friend. Her family is the nicest most loving and well adjusted of the entire group, I really like her and her family, and I like that she is willing to stand up for her family and friends. She is far from a villain.

September 11 2010 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I am so glad that Danielle will not be back on the Housewives. Talk about a drama queen. I don't know who ever let her think that she was attractive because she looks like the kind of life that she lives, "hard".
She is not even in the same league as Caroline, Jacqueline and Theresa.
I feel so sorry for her daughters, she is not really a mother that one can be proud of.

September 16 2010 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ginny

Danielle is in denial if she thinks she's the innocent victim..that woman is a walking time bomb..even during that last reunion show the host and crew were getting fed up..and hate to tell her but she's definately not a good role model or parent..parents just don't do and say the things she's done on that show for 2 yrs..she's a nut job in serious need of counseling

September 11 2010 at 9:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ginny's comment
Lynnie

You are so right. I agree that Caroline was very smug, and the eye rolling scenario was not in her favor. Who will these gals have to berate once Danielle is no longer there. I think she had alot more character than the rest.

September 11 2010 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

she looks like octo moms mother

September 11 2010 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jake

These ladies and i USE THE TERM LOOSELY NEED TO GET SOME CLASS. ONE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BUDGET AND SPENDS LIKE AN IDIOT EVEN AFTER SHE KNOWS SHE IS IN FINANCAIL TROUBLE. BLAMING THE SHOW FOR HER PROBLEMS. WHEN SHE GOES OFF THE RAIL YOU HAVE TOUCHED A NERVE AND IT IS THE TRUTH. DANILLE WHAT A PIECE OF WORK SHE GETS WHAT SHE GIVES LEEARN SOME CLASS AND NOT REACT TO EVREYTHING THAT HAPPENS. VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL PERSON AND FAMILY. KNOW WONDER NJ IS IN TROUBEL WITH THE JERSEY SHORE AND THESES LADIES WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

September 11 2010 at 8:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply