October 21, 2014

Peter Krause and Lauren Graham Go From TV Siblings to Real-Life Couple

by Kelly Woo, posted Sep 9th 2010 2:30PM
Lauren Graham and Peter Krause'Parenthood' stars Peter Krause and Lauren Graham have officially come out as a couple. According to People, the actress confirmed the rumors to Redbook magazine. The couple play siblings Adam and Sarah Braverman.

"Nobody knew about it for awhile, because we like to be at home, cooking and not going out," Graham told Redbook in its upcoming Sept. 21 issue. "I've also been really protective of it, because it's important that you can buy us as brother and sister on the show."

This makes Krause and Graham the latest in a line of faux incestuous TV couples -- actors who play relatives on-screen while engaging in a romantic relationship off-screen. Married 'Dexter' stars Michael C. Hall (Krause's 'Six Feet Under' castmate) and Jennifer Carpenter portray (adoptive) siblings Dexter and Debra Morgan.

On 'Brothers and Sisters,' the characters of Rebecca and Justin found out their were half-siblings during the first season. Meanwhile, the actors involved, Emily VanCamp and Dave Annable, were dating. Later, the characters discovered they weren't actually related and became romantically involved -- and eventually got married. But off-screen, VanCamp and Annable broke up. On Facebook, this one would definitely be labeled "It's Complicated."

Do you think it's weird when actors playing relatives hook up off-screen?

charlie

My only comment: LUCKY PETER! Lauren is such a fun and lovely woman! Maybe they will get married and have beautiful children.

September 13 2010 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leroy

Gee, as an actor myself I know that onstage/onscreen relationships are pure imagination and have no bearing on how the two people get along in real life. I was just having a little fun with the coincidence of two actors who used to play siblings on one show ending up romantically involved with imaginary siblings from other shows.

I never would have believed there could be so many people who don't understand that for professionals what you do on the job is pure pretense for the sake of money or art and totally unrelated to your real life feelings about the people you work with.

September 10 2010 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Good for them! I've always loved Peter Krause in everything he's starred in and Lauren Graham is adorable. Also love the show. They make a great couple. They are ACTING on TV as brother and sister, not real life people!!!
Wish them all the best, although wish it was me with Peter and not her! :-)

September 10 2010 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

Ever wonder why you click on some links? This is one of those times for me. A combination of not being able to sleep and curiosity. I think I was hoping it was about people and characters I recognise. It wasn't. Oh well.

September 10 2010 at 6:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T

Not weird at all.These actors are with each other for long days of shooting and are well"untouchable" by the general population.Sure theres lots of untold action between TV couples.I'm told long distance movie shoots turn into orgies.

September 10 2010 at 5:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan

No I dont think its weird at all, They are ACTING on screen and thats their job and thats where they meet most of the people they may date. its no different if I were to meet my spouce at work.

September 10 2010 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Craig Ranapia

Another thought: If you have mental health issues that make it hard to distinguish between real life and reel life, perhaps acting isn't the best career choice. :)

September 10 2010 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Craig Ranapia's comment
pugz

actors with mental health issues? playing a sexually creepy part? now we all know THAT could never happen!

September 10 2010 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Craig Ranapia

I don't know if it's any "weirder" than Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle being involved while shooting Pride and Prejudice, and playing characters who dordially loathed each other then got married at the end.

If you want to talk about a really uncomfortable relationship moment how about Sons of Anarchy creator/executive producer Kurt Sutter writing the episode where the character played by his RL wife is brutally gang raped? It was hard enough to watch...

September 10 2010 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia

Seventy years ago, give or take a few years, one of Hollywood's leading actresses, Greer Garson, married an actor who portrayed her son in a movie. She won the Oscar for her performance in that movie, "Mrs Miniver," and she and her screen son got married. Then they got divorced. But it is nothing new for actors who are relatives onscreen to hook up in real life.

September 10 2010 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trish

Lauren Graham played in a well written TV show Gilmor Girls, she played a single mom in that show with a love intrest "Luke" such a GOOD looking man. She's a very good actress and a very pretty woman.

September 09 2010 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply