October 25, 2014

'Heroes' TV Movie Not Happening

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 10th 2010 1:00PM
HeroesFans holding their collective breath for some sort of TV movie to tie up 'Heroes' should exhale before they turn blue and pass out.

According to Entertainment Weekly, NBC is not moving forward with the hyped plans for a prologue of sorts.

In May, NBC announced the cancellation of the four-year series that once was a ratings giant, but quickly slipped from attracting about 14 million viewers for its season 1 and 2 premieres to just over 4 million for its season 4 finale. Shortly after cancellation, rumors quickly circulated about a movie that would give viewers some closure to the sprawling mythology of the superhero series.

Series creator Tim Kring divulged details to TV Guide. "There will be a huge cultural and social change in the world," Kring told TV Guide. "Some [of our characters] will be hiding, some struggling, some basking in the glory."

Further plot points of the TV movie/mini-series would have seen Claire become a spokesperson for the super-powered, something she wouldn't be very happy about it. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) would battle his desire to do evil and Adrian Pasdar was going to return, but not as Nathan.

Apparently, all the actors were ready to get the ball rolling. "I've spoken with everyone," Kring said in June. "They're all eager to participate."

Could Kring follow the Joss Whedon/'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' model and do a new season in comic form? Maybe. "We told stories in volumes that had a beginning, a middle, and an end," Kring told EW. "Those volumes could go on and on and on with many different characters. As a result, that 'Heroes' universe is something that can be tapped into again in many ways."

Tell us: Would you read a 'Heroes' season 5 comic book?

Badea Constantin

Please continue. this is a greate story and shame if it ends here. Thank you

August 20 2011 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sirkutt

i thought every episode was gold i wish it would go on forever

July 17 2011 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
acancelinha47

i loved very season and hope for more to come!!!!!!

June 15 2011 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scottthepiper

Season one was awesome, I couldn't wait for each episode. Season two was good but not as great as season one. Season three they jumped the shark. I was still interested but everything had become boring. It stopped being personal. A movie would be good to add closure but that is it.

April 23 2011 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blake Cole

Hell no I would rather watch it with all the same people instead of reading it, they should ether make a movie to show how it all ends or make a season five. This WAS the only show that brought joys to my Mondays and now there is nothing!!!!
I really hope he dose the right thing by making a movie or something!!!

February 16 2011 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jadrien Jay Hernande

nooo ??? hell no we want the old series back i want a good ending with more bad guys and it must be a tv series not a movie plz

February 01 2011 at 10:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew Northcutt

I'd much prefer a movie or another tv series...
but most preferably would be another season...

January 27 2011 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
d00d

I hadn't looked for a while so I decided to search for new info on Heroes and "not happening" wasn't what I had in mind. I miss Heroes. I have every episode in 720p HD.

It really kills me to see these great and memorable shows cut short(Heroes, Titus, The Dead Zone, My Name Is Earl).

December 08 2010 at 10:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael@Dish TV

Nice Blog . I would like to see this Heroes.Thanks

September 14 2010 at 5:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samuel Montague

I guess Heroes X factor is declining. There's nothing to look forward to!

Anything free you wanna watch online Keyword

September 11 2010 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply