October 1, 2014

'Glades' Renewed for Season 2 on A&E

by Nick Zaino, posted Sep 13th 2010 6:40PM
A&E renews 'The Glades' for season twoFans of 'The Glades,' rejoice. A&E has picked up the freshman crime drama for a 13-episode second season, according to a press release.

The order isn't a surprise, considering the show is averaging 3.2 million viewers per new episode, which, according to A&E has made them basic cable's No. 1 network on Sunday nights.

President and general manager of A&E Network Bob DeBitetto is quoted in the release as saying,"'The Glades' has garnered critical acclaim and a loyal audience in its first season. With superb writing and exceptional acting, led by a standout performance by Matt Passmore, we're pleased that the series has struck a chord with fans."

TVSquad's own Allison Waldman noted confidence among the cast and crew that the show was going to be a hit when she visited the set earlier this summer. 'The Glades' is set in South Florida, where the show's creator, Clifton Campbell ('White Collar'), grew up. Waldman pointed out that while 'The Glades' shows that part of the country in a realistic, gritty light, the show is more 'Magnum P.I.' than 'Homicide.'

Pre-production for season two begins later this year, along with pre-production for season one of A&E's new drama, 'Breakout Kings.' Both are set to premiere in 2011.

donvalkie

when is it going to restart

April 27 2011 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

I'm really pleased to hear this. 'The Glades' hasn't generated the cultish devotion of a 'White Collar' or 'Burn Notice', but it's a solidly entertaining show. I also like the way the Jim/Callie romance is developing slowly and uncertainly.

September 14 2010 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Great news, this has been my Sunday night sleeper show.

September 13 2010 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Funny...if i am reading that right The Glades has better ratings than Mad Men?

September 13 2010 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

YeeHaa! I'm so glad "The Glades" is coming back! Carlos Gomez has always been a favorite of mine and he was the main reason I gave the program a peek when its season started, but I quickly found out that Matt Passmore (who I'd never heard of) wasn't too shabby an actor either. Great ensemble cast and the stories are intriguing, but not too heavy.

My only regret is that it airs in the same time slot as my other favorite program, "Mad Men" but since we all have to make choices in this life, I've chosen to watch "The Glades" @ 10, then the encore of "Mad Men" @ 11(ish)!

September 13 2010 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tonycaudill

Love the show all the actors and actresses are great.Camera work is top notch.

September 13 2010 at 7:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply