April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Ines Sainz Addresses Sexual Harasment Allegations Against New York Jets on 'Rick's List' (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Sep 14th 2010 10:35AM
Ines Sainz, a reporter for the Mexican station Azteca TV who is now at the center of a sexual harassment controversy involving the New York Jets, was on 'Rick's List' (Weekdays, 3 PM ET on CNN) Monday. Sainz has set off a media firestorm since claiming she was made to feel uncomfortable by several Jets players and a member of the team's coaching staff while at the Jets facility to interview quarterback Mark Sanchez.

First, Rick Sanchez asked Sainz to address the allegation the team was throwing balls at her, so they could run up next to her and pick them up.

"I don't even pay attention to that, because they never hit me with the balls ... I wasn't in danger," Sainz said.

Then Sanchez asked her about reports the players made catcalls toward her when she entered the locker room.

When I get into the locker room ... I see that all the eyes are on me ... I really feel the noise and all the environment was talking about me," Sainz, who speaks English as a second language, explained.

She added that, although she wasn't upset about what happened, she thinks the Jets can "do better" in their treatment of female reporters.

big dog

betcha she gets more than an earfull at LATINO SOCCER GAMES.
Tell her to sell krazy south of the border, she got her 15 mins. of fame already.

September 15 2010 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yanni10

She never played the victim, It's others in the media that are crying foul! This promotes her career in mexico! I bet the station she's on get's better ratings than any media outlet we have here in the USA!
www.lynnaluvers.com

September 15 2010 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

A number of things do not add up. What a locker room for: to change clothes, shower, etc. Why would a woman go into a men's locker and complain afterward about comments made to her. Look at her clothes durning her interview on Today, how much leg is too much, how much chest exposure is too much? Can we look like a high priced hooker and then complain when called one? It is a two edged sword and cuts both ways. Dress and act properly for what you are doing and things like this will not happen..

September 15 2010 at 8:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annoyed from PA

The way in which a woman dresses does not give anyone the right to be disrespectful or harrassing; that is the same logic that rapist attempt to justify thier actions (while a drastic comparison the logic is the same- unless her shirt said please make sexual comments to me and attempt to humiliate me while at work). Based on the references to women i.e. "chicks"--last time I checked she wasn't a bird- the comments and thought process (or lack thereof) used when making the previous posts explains a lot.

September 14 2010 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to annoyed from PA's comment
Dan

Give me a break. She's going into a room where a bunch of testosterone-loaded men are naked and she doesn't expect some attention?

They weren't touching her or grabbing her or even doing anything at all to her. They were acting like boys by flirting and checking out and goofing off around a pretty girl. That's not harassment.

Plus, WHAT PURPOSE DOES SHE SERVE IN THE LOCKER ROOM? She can't wait to do the interview in a proper location for a woman? Would Stuart Scott be allowed into the locker room of the LPGA to do interviews? Give me a break.

Annoyed from PA, you need to try thinking for once. Women don't deserve better treatment than men, they deserve the SAME treatment as men. Part of that is the expectation that you wait until the players of the opposite sex are dressed and ready to be interviewed to interview them. Comparing them to rapists is like me comparing you to Hitler. It's pretty over the top and it shows your lack of intellect.

September 14 2010 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yanni10

Has anyone thought of the fact that these football players are in a locker room where they're naked. What's professional about having a female reporter coming in a locker room where men get dressed and undressed. If women can't take the heat then they don's need to go in the locker rooms. Do men go into wnba locker rooms? www.lynnaluvers.com

September 14 2010 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

^^^ Agree.

This chick dressed to impress. What do you expect when you do this with a bunch of over-paid, testosterone laiden men?

Sorry . . . don't play the victim when you know that is what you are trying to do.

September 14 2010 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tool's comment
Atticus Draco

'
Well actually,, she's NOT playing the victim,, she gets it.
DON'T GET ME WRONG,, she's exploiting the situation!! (And I don't blame her for that actually,, not in this present culture at least)

From other interviews I've seen her in,, she clearly understands what's going on.
It's her brethren,, her peers,, (those envious of her attention) ,, her colleagues,, are the ones making it an issue!!
I'm fully confident and believe,, she understands the situation,, and fully expected the reaction,, within' the organization,, the orb if you will,, within the confines of the team,, that she got (catcalls and etc.). I don't believe her intentions was to have it blow up to this proportion,, in otherwords,, I don't think she was the one doing the complaining. SHE KNEW WHAT SHE WAS DOIING!

It's the neglected reporters ,, because of her actions,, that are doing the complaining!

September 14 2010 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Atticus Draco

'
The chick dressed to get noticed,,
SHE GOT NOTICED!
She did this in front of a bunch of football players!
"We're sorry we noticed your tight butt and jiggling boobs,, ma'am"
"WE"RE SORRY WE BEHAVED LIKE MEN,, ma'am,, you being a female though,, have NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE!!"

September 14 2010 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply