September 2, 2014

Kaley Cuoco Breaks Leg, Will Miss Taping of 'The Big Bang Theory'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 14th 2010 7:15AM

Kaley Cuoco, July 2010It's been reported that Kaley Cuoco broke her leg Saturday and will miss today's taping of 'The Big Bang Theory.'

According to TMZ, Cuoco broke her leg in a horse-riding accident and is recovering in a hospital in the Los Angeles area. Her character will be written out of the episode taping later today, and then production on the show is believed to be taking a scheduled weeklong hiatus.

There's no word yet on how long she'll be laid up for, but if her injury is serious then more episodes of the show will be rewritten around her.

'The Big Bang Theory' premiered on CBS in fall 2007 and the third season has been a big hit for the network, climbing up the ratings into the Top 20. The sitcom follows two brilliant but socially awkward scientific geiunses at CalTech. Cuoco plays Penny, their attractive neighbour who tries to help them deal with life outside the lab.

'The Big Bang Theory' Season 4 premieres Sept. 23, 8PM ET on CBS.

Tony

I wonder if she really broke her leg horse-riding or was it a BIG BANG..

September 14 2010 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

Geez folks the woman broke her leg. She can't missa few shows without the Big Bang Theroy going down the drain?

September 14 2010 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
H J Bart

my grand daughter was 7 months pregnant when she broke an ankle.. and she went up and down my stairs like a pro walker. you can climb stairs with crutches. Good luck to the Penny character.

September 14 2010 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jemell de'neene

Hope she gets better quickly! Perhaps Sheldon should sing some more "Soft Kitty" to her. I know it would make her feel better.

September 14 2010 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patty

i had a badly broken leg and you guys should hear yourselves. give the girl at least a week to get her bearings and make sure the wound is setting right and there's no infection. then she can use crutches and be on the show all she wants. i mean, this just happened. she fell off a horse. she is probably bruised as well and sore as can be. you people are ridiculous.

September 14 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Patty's comment
wulfn1

Think the replies were because the article suggested it could be a while before she was back working because of the injury. If her injuries are truly serious , I doubt anyone would begrudge her healing time. I think it was more , in the way it suggested she couldn't come back because of a broken leg, that people were making suggestions as to how she could while mending.
And you are right, falling from a horse is painful and does occasionally cause difficulty in healing. We're all hoping she was not seriously injured beyond a broken leg.(well at leas I am.)

September 15 2010 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Audrey, CA

Sorry to hear about Penny and by the way the picture of her here is so much prettier then she looks on TV, wonder why? I agree w/ the previous comments that they should write the broken leg into the scripts. She is a important to the show as the four guys are. I really enjoy the show, but sometimes have trouble hearing all of the words, they don't enunciate enough.

September 14 2010 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GM

"geiunses"? What genius wrote that? LOL

September 14 2010 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rancid

It probably will be written into the show. However for the episode they are currently shooting that will not work because she is in the hospital and the are not sure when she will be out.

September 14 2010 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TOBEY

I liked her better when she was a minor character. An object of desire of 4 sexually repressed geeks. Instead she's dominating the show. What happened to the episodes with Christine Baranski, Sara Gilbert, the comic book store, Wil Wheaton, the Jewish mom, and Sheldon's twin sister. Stay gone.

September 14 2010 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to TOBEY's comment
Rob

Are you serious, I love her her character and the one of Stewart make this whole show. Without them two this show would flop.

September 14 2010 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TB

Kaley. If you are reading this I hope that you are better soon. I think that you are cute and I look forward to seeing you when I watch the show. If they have to they could just write that you are off visiting a sick relative and have you call in on the phone or something. Get well soon. Jack

September 14 2010 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply