October 21, 2014

TBS Cancels 'My Boys'

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 14th 2010 4:50PM
'My Boys'Sad news, 'My Boys' fans: After four seasons following Chicago sportswriter P.J. (Jordana Spiro) and her buds, the comedy series has just been given the ax by TBS, Deadline Hollywood reports.

After the network quietly burned off the show's latest season on Sunday nights -- against critical cable darling 'Mad Men,' no less -- things weren't looking up for 'My Boys.' Unfortunately, ratings were down an average 19 percent from season 3, which wasn't enough for TBS to commit to a fifth go-around.

Adding more salt to the wound: Spiro and costar Kyle Howard both had to pull out of NBC series after the pilots they starred in were picked up. Look for a Spiro-less 'Love Bites' and a Howard-less 'Perfect Couples' to premiere at midseason.

Tell us: Are you sad to see 'My Boys' go? Are you surprised TBS decided against renewing the show?

Really?

Awww! No! I loved this show, and just got my husband into liking it too- and now it's gone- :( Now what? More crappy shows like "The Office" or "Meet the Browns"? I think I finally know what my parents mean by "there's nothing good on Television anymore".

September 15 2010 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nmp0589

I am so bummed ... this was one of my favorite shows and I looked forward to it!! TBS dropped the ball on this show!!!

September 15 2010 at 7:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy

Really enjoyed my boys. Season were over before you knew it. Now the entire show is over, what a shame. Will miss the very loveable characters!

September 15 2010 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jdo52tex

The networks have to keep and show black shows. Even if no blacks watch them. If a network doesn't show an all-black with a crazy white person on it, the network is racist.

September 15 2010 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jdo52tex

When did that show come out? The networks have been canceling show that I and others have never heard or seen. Where do they show them, in South America?

September 15 2010 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
STONEBEAR

FINALLY ! LET'S HOPE "OL' TEDDY BOY" CAN PUT TOGETHER SOMETHING A LITTLE LESS "redneckie" AND whore mongering !

September 15 2010 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paul smith

Good show, bad time, no advertizing= Cancel... on the block, "The Glades", on A&E, same problems, and a good show...

September 15 2010 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

i really liked this show....i felt as if they were my friends down the street.

September 15 2010 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LT

Oh well, never even heard of it until now, so I suppose its no great loss.

September 15 2010 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elaine Thompson

I am very sad to hear of "My Boys" being canceled. I am furious at TBS for not giving this show a home spot, you know same time/same day...it seems to me that TBS threw a dart at the schedule and where ever the dart hit, that's where they put, "My Boys". and how is 9 or 10 shows considered a 'season'. This was the one show that was fun to watch, it was well written, the characters showed growth in the few seasons it was on and it was without gratuitous sex scenes. Shame on TBS for being so ignorant.

September 15 2010 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply