October 20, 2014

Tim Gunn on His 'Gossip Girl' Cameo: Taylor Momsen's 'Pathetic,' Everyone Else Is a 'Delight'

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 15th 2010 10:45AM
Tim GunnBy now, the contestants on 'Project Runway' know better than to ignore the advice from wise sage Tim Gunn. So perhaps notoriously independent 'Gossip Girl' 17-year-old star Taylor Momsen will listen to Gunn's guidance as well.

When making a cameo appearance on 'GG''s fourth episode this season, Gunn observed Momsen's bratty behavior firsthand."What a diva!" he told E! News. "She was pathetic; she couldn't remember her lines; and she didn't even have that many. I thought to myself, 'Why are we all being held hostage by this brat?' "

Though he didn't say anything to her at the time, Gunn said he does have a few words of wisdom for the actress."I'd say, 'You know young lady, there are hundreds of thousands of girls who are just as attractive and even smarter than you. Why are you acting like this show is a huge burden on you?' She was on her phone during every break, I wanted to tell her, 'If you weren't on your BlackBerry, you can retain this stuff.' ''

Apparently Gunn wasn't the only one annoyed by Momsen's behavior. "At one point the director leaned in and whispered to me, 'This is day in, day out, my life.' She annoyed the entire crew."

Thankfully, Gunn had kinder words for Momsen's costars, calling them a "delight" to work with.

Homer

I honestly don't know who this Monsoon guy is.. but he'd be wise to listen to what Tim Gunn has to say and then make some attitude adjustments. Oh.., uh what? Its not a guy.., its some gal? Oops! Anywayz.. same thing goes for her. Unless she is independently wealthy, she is going to find it increasingly more difficult to earn a living in 'show biz.' Whomever employs this .. uh, person, is taking a completely unnecessary risk. You alienate your crew, your staff, your talent... and will diminish your overall product in the long run.

September 16 2010 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christina

It's not just Taylor Momsen...every set I've ever been on, there's always some actress that's beyond highly over rated and the only way their lines get fully delivered is by editing them from numerous takes. Don't get me wrong, she could use a good putting in her place but so could a hell of a lot of others. (and they're not all teens and 20 somethings)

September 16 2010 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

Momsen makes Lindsay Lohan look stable. I hope she listens to somebody before it's too late for her.

September 16 2010 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dean

Someone really watchs this Gossip Girl?

September 16 2010 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
twinkletoes

So why do they keep hiring people like that? Cancel her contract and hire someone else who's going to be a professional.

September 16 2010 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sammee

Did you not bother to read Brenda's comments? Why are you dragging her into this?

September 16 2010 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yaya

Nikki and Brenda, stop making excuses for the bratty seventeen year old! It's no ones job to inform her of her bratty attitude! Either her parents failed this brat or she is a brat true and true of her own doing. I certainly hope you two aren't mothers. The world is a little better knowing that when you raise good and decent children, you don't expect the public to continue raising them once they walk out the door. Ugh! Stop making EXCUSES FOR THEM!

September 16 2010 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yaya

What a man! I just ADORE Mr. Gunn! I absolutely enjoy watching him and love his caring and lovely disposition. More men in the world should take notice of Mr. Gunn's lovely demeanor.

Cheers.

September 16 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nikkivee

Look at the ensuing comments on this page. Deplorable! I've no doubt that Gunn's experience was precisely as he describes. Still, she's SEVENTEEN!! The fact that the other kids on the show may be more mature and professional is great, but it seems to me that public attacks should be reserved for adults. Mr. Gunn: what's also unseemly is an elderly, presumably GENTLEman making news by attacking a misbehaving young girl. Now, if someone wants to critique Gunn's pretentious, malapropistic, often ungrammatical, language, that might be fair.

September 16 2010 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to nikkivee's comment
Brenda

there is NOTHING saying that at seventeen years of age you are allowed to behave like a spoiled, self-centered brat. I knew how to behave in public long before seventeen. To not let her know her behavior is unacceptable is doing her a disservice since she won't know she needs to change. She is on the verge of adulthood and is already behind most other young people her age.

September 16 2010 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nikkivee

What is happening to people's reading-comprehension skills?? Sheesh! First, there was NO affirmation of the starlet's allegedly bad behavior. Second, there was NO suggestion that, if she were bad-behaved, she shouldn't be reprimanded. Third, it was NOT argued that bad behavior is acceptable at ANY age. What WAS said was simple: A putatively sophisticated and decorous older man should not take to the blogosphere to demean a 17-year old actress. Arguably, that kind of pedestrian bitchiness is no more becoming than her, original behavior.

September 16 2010 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cherri Murphy

I had to look her up to see what she looks like!! Never had seen Gossip Girl didn't even know there was a show by that name. I love Tim Gunn!!!!!

September 16 2010 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply