August 20, 2014

TNT Renews Medical Drama 'HawthoRNe' for Third Season

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 15th 2010 8:35AM

Cast of 'HawthoRNe'The Pinkett Smith family success story continues as Jada's medical drama series, 'HawthoRNe,' has been picked up by TNT for a third season.

Deadline.com reports that TNT will announce today that they've ordered ten more episodes of the medical drama, which aired this summer to generally strong ratings. The network used 'HawthoRNe' to successfully launch 'Memphis Beat', and the quirky cop drama, starring Jason Lee, was renewed at the beginning of September.

Now the only TNT drama waiting to hear its fate is the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced 'Dark Blue.' The gritty cop drama, starring Dylan McDermott, is now in its second season, but has struggled with ratings and reviews.

'HawthoRNe' is a nurse-centric medical drama, which follows the trials and tribulations of Christina Hawthorne (Jada Pinkett Smith), widowed Chief Nursing Officer at Richmond Trinity Hospital in Richmond, Virginia. Michael Vartan ('Alias') co-stars as her close friend and co-worker, Dr. Thomas Wakefield, and guest stars have included Robin Weigert, Sara Gilbert and Marc Anthony.

'HawthoRNe' airs Tues., 10PM ET on TNT.

sylvia

IHISTORY IN THE MAKING!! I'm loving every tantalizing moment of show. It's my favorite right now. Er, greys, house, nip/tuck losing its luster. Hawthorne is on fire right now.
would love for the networks to do whats best for the fans. I would love to see Dr. Burke transfer from Greys to Hawthorne as Christina's Ex! Greys hasn't been the same without him. He is an incredibly yummy actor!! He dominates the screen.Hawthorne is getting better and better. The real movie actors makes it hard not to watch. Tom has to kiss, hugs, flirt with christina all the time for it to be believeable. They have to have at least two bedroom scenes a show in the nude. Their love has to be the center of the show. Thats why Marc anthony stole her. Tom and Christina have to have a on fire, passionate all the time love in front of the camera for us to be fo fight for their relationship. I. Washington our fallen heartthrob you are irreplaceable. I am a nurse. There are 2,909,357 licensed registered nurses in the United States WE LOVE THIS SHOW!!

July 29 2011 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvburres

HAWTHORN HAS BEEN SO GOOD LATELY. I HAVE MISS IT BECAUSE OF THE TIME RESTRAINTS. TO EARLY ON SATURDAYS AND TO LATE ON WEEKDAYS!! IT'S LIKE WATCHING A MOTION PICTURE. SOMETHING HAS CHANGED. I'M A NURSE AND WE DISCUSS THE SHOW ALL THE TIME. I DIDN'T LIKE IT A FIRST. KIND OF BORING. BUT WATCH BECAUSE OF OUR FIERCE QUEEN JADA. JADA IS HISTORICALLY KNOWN FOR BEING EXTREMELY AGRESSIVE ROLES. IT'S NICE TO SEE HER PLAY A SOFTER ROLE. WAITING ON A ALL DAY HAWTHORN MARATHON I MISS A LOT BECAUSE OF THE TIMES!!

July 17 2011 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvburres

Hawthorn has been so good lately. I don't know if I'm watching a motion picture or a tv drama. TIME IT'S ON IS VERY BAD. IT COMES ON EARLY IN THE MORNING AS SOON AS I AWAKE AND SO LATE AT NIGHT THAT I MISS IT. I'M GETTING DVR SOON. PLEASE, PLEASE WAITING ON A MARATHON!!!! LIKE HOUSE!!

July 17 2011 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
towemark

I don't think anyone can argue about some of the crap the goes on in hospitals and what the nurses have to go through. However, after two years of this show some of the story lines are pretty lame. The whole story with Camille getting hit in the face (caused by her) and Christina going off on the boy friend was just absolutely ridiculous.

September 16 2010 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I meant wasn't cancelled

September 16 2010 at 4:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Only reason Hawthorne was cancelled mid season first is becasue she's Will Smith wife

September 16 2010 at 4:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jaerisk

Dark Blue was way better in season one before they neutered Carter. They totally ruined this show that was so dark and awesome previously. Now it might as well be retitled "Not So Dark Blue".

September 16 2010 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jaerisk's comment
Gordy

I agree completely. I was so hoping his "love interest" would be dead before the credits rolled last night. Bring back the dark, brooding, alcoholic Carter.

Dark Blue still has earned Season 3, just like HawthoRNe has.

September 16 2010 at 7:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bina Rhodes

The ratings for Dark Blue have gone down because they have soften the show too much. It was much more intense during season one.

September 16 2010 at 12:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
msjovi

Hawthorne is terrible. I've been a nurse for 20 years,, I've yet to see a Chief of Nursing actually doing patient care.. this chick thinks she's supernurse. Not an ounce of reality !

September 16 2010 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lauri

I like Hawthorne. I hadn't really watched it until this year. But Dark Blue!!! It was so great last season and this season was pretty awful. They made it into just another regular network cop show.

September 16 2010 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply