July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jon Hamm Talks Superman Rumors on 'Regis and Kelly' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Sep 16th 2010 2:30PM
On 'Live With Regis and Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated), 'Mad Men' star Jon Hamm discussed rumors that he's up for the role of Superman in Christopher Nolan's reboot of the superhero franchise. Hamm chalked the rumors up to Internet speculation, but seemed interested in portraying the Man of Steel nevertheless.

"It's sort of news to me," Hamm said. "So, if the powers that be are thinking that, I'd like them to get in touch with me. We can maybe discuss it."

Kelly Ripa seemed all for the idea, and described it as "genius." "I kind of love this rumor," she said. "I mean, you are Superman." We agree!

David S.

Actually, he would make a fine Superman. Many actors have played the superhero, folks. They grow old or die. Time for new blood -- this guy fills the bill.

September 17 2010 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dickn2000b

Talk about a name...Pat De Range sounds, in fact, deranged. Pat, the word is "super." Supper is the evening meal. I guess, of course, if you were going to eat a man for supper, you could correctly call him supperman. OMG! OMG!

September 17 2010 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Kirk Alyn...I remember as a kid watching him in the movies as Superman.

September 17 2010 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trish

Oh no that man is good looking, BUT he's not even close to the actor who plays Supper Man on TV. Now there's a GOOD looking man/OMG is he ever good looking. His supper hero friend aren't to shabby either, what a collection of good looking men, some of the women are beautiful also.

September 17 2010 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to trish's comment
Fox

I totally agree with you. Not, only is Tom Welling super gorgeous. So, is Justin Hartley! OMG! Everyone looks great on that show. I hope they bring Lex back in full form. They were doing that "cloning" back in the day. I don't want the burned up Lex hanging in water. I want the real Lex Luther back! But, I think the whole cast should go to doing movies, and naming it "Metropolis" would be a great idea.

September 17 2010 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JMark

They said that about Kirk Alyn and George Reeves. There is only one Superman, the one in the comics, who has been portrayed by several actors.

September 17 2010 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wolfy

Sorry, but there's only ONE "Superman," and he's been gone for several years now (physically).

Christopher Reeve

The man was, and IS, the ONLY "Superman..."

September 17 2010 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neutron

Agreed. Tom Welling IS Superman. After Smallville ends this season, it would be great to see a show called Metropolis. With the same writers and actors on board from Smallville, why bother watching another botched Superman movie? Welling all the way!

September 17 2010 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
basrelsky

Not a bad idea, but still think he'd be an incredible Bond; he's got the look and similar facial expressions of Connery: Certainly not too old for James either.

September 17 2010 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robinchristine79

If it isn't Tom Welling, I'm not watching it. That man was born to play Clark Kent/Superman.

September 17 2010 at 8:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply