April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Frankie and Gigi Declare a Relationship Break Over a Baby Shower on 'Jerseylicious' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 20th 2010 3:34AM
'Jerseylicious'Babies are a big deal, and they can be a game-changer for a relationship. That's why it's best to get all your emotional baggage on the table before that little bundle of joy comes along. On 'Jerseylicious' (Sun. 8PM on Style), Gigi reached her breaking point during her baby shower at the lack of interest Frankie showed in the whole thing, and lost it completely when he prepared to leave before it was over.

"I con't care [that] you're busy," she said, following him to his car. "You do it for me!"

"I did do it for you," he insisted. But Gigi sees a pattern with Frankie that she's had enough of.

"He made a promise to me to change with that promise ring," she said, "And all I see is the same old Frankie. We fight and fight about stupid stuff ... It's just basically an emotional rollercoaster and I want to get off the ride."

When the suggestion of the couple taking a break comes up during the fight, Frankie takes to it like a mantra, chanting "You want a break?" over and over again as a verbal shield while he gets in his car. As he was pulling away, she shouted after him, "I need this s*** from you? From you? Out of all people? Jerk."

It's hard to take sides when your friends are fighting, but one guy did speak up when Gigi came back into the house ranting her disgust at Frankie's poor attitude during the gifts and the games, which Frankie admitted he thought were stupid. "The guy had to go to work," the friend suggested as explanation for Frankie's departure, but Gigi was beyond it by this point.

"I don't care [that] he had to go to work!" she said without breaking verbal stride, piling up one insult on top of another. We don't like to get involved in other people's affairs any more than the next person, but going to work does sound like a pretty legitimate reason to have to leave a baby shower. But we're not going to be the ones to tell Gigi that.

bev

These people give Italians a bad name. Its not the Italians that are bad its the Jersey in these people.

September 20 2010 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bev's comment
Benwa

No, Beverly, it is the Italians. Please travel to small-town New Jersey and you will find the same charm and humility that you find in the Midwest. Believe it or not, New Jerseyans are quite nice. It is just that the state has gotten messed up with New Yorkers moving in over the past 20 years. New Jersey really was a nice state when I was growing up here (60's - 70's). We had neighborhoods and people talked to each other. Of course, I was from the bad Catholic family - only 3 kids.

September 20 2010 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bev

Why are so many shows about, of all places, Joisey. The woman that live in joisey sound like they are hookers and very uneducated people.

September 20 2010 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

Frankie treats Gigi with disrespect constantly. I'm Italian and have NEVER visted "Jersey", but I DO know that none of MY brothers nor my now desceased father or uncles would NEVER have treated a woman that way!!! If Gigi accepts that kind of treatment now, it's like Dr. Phil says, "Wr teach people how to treat us". You deserve respect Gigi!

September 20 2010 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benwa

I have lived in New Jersey all my life (except for college). I am not Italian. I don't want to be Italian. I don't want to act Italian. I speak clearly, with no mumbles. I do not draw attention to myself in public (well, maybe in a grocery line but I have reasons for that). I grew up near the Shore and went to Manasquan Beach. Why are these retard shows on television. Thankfully, I do not watch them; however, I periodically have to comment online. Oh, and just for the record, I think I watched the Sopranos once and found it vile, stereotypical (just like these shows), inane and annoying.

September 20 2010 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

This guy is a prick she should find someone else
are all italian guys act like this i hope not.

September 20 2010 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DAFFY

How much more of this nonsense do the viewers have to endure. I am sick of paying for this channel and I do not even watch it. All these Guido shows. The only ones that watch it are either Guido's and or trashy young kids. Toss them all off the air. To think people like these think they are so cool. It makes me want to vomit.

September 20 2010 at 9:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doc

anoither embaressing show about NJ. It just shows without a doubt that the guido and guidette are truely lower than whale sh%t at the bottopm of the ocean. Another pork roll like 'Snookie' trying to look hot. give me a break..

September 20 2010 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARIA

HER LOSS HIS PLEASURE..SHE'S A BYTCH..SHE DOESN'T RESPECT HIM AND HE NEEDS ANOTHER WOMAN..A REAL WOMAN WHO WILL RESPECT HIM..SHE NEED ONE OF THOSE TOUGH GUYS ..WHO'LL SLAP THE SHYT OUT OF HER AND THEN SHE'LL RESPECT THAT KIND OF GUY !

September 20 2010 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply