April 24, 2014

J.J. Abrams Pitching New Spy Series Starring Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 20th 2010 12:00PM
Terry O'Quinn, Michael EmersonTerry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson's J.J. Abrams adventures might not be over just yet. The 'Lost' executive producer has reportedly been pitching a new show starring the former 'Lost' actors as ex-spys.

According to Vulture, Abrams and collaborators Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec have been pitching the tentatively titled 'Odd Jobs' as a comedic drama.

Emerson and O'Quinn talked about working together for months. Emerson told AP he and O'Quinn wanted a lighthearted series, something that also showed their age.

In February, O'Quinn floated around rumors about a new TNT-like series that would see the duo as suburban hit men with family problems.

Sounds like a surefire cable hit. Spys? Check. Established actors? Check. Hot creator? Check. Throw in stunt casting and this show will be greenlit for a season 2 before season 1 hits the air.

Would you watch a Michael Emerson/Terry O'Quinn spy series?
Yes.1225 (90.7%)
No.23 (1.7%)
Depends. Need more information.102 (7.6%)

Jake

Abrams left LOST after episode 12. Though he was a creator and had a large hand in the show's overall mythology, he never worked with Emerson.

November 20 2010 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
courtney

I think I'd watch it just (but not exclusively) because I miss LOST. RIP. :-/

September 21 2010 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jbdean

I'd LOVE to see Terry and Michael together. I won't have any trouble with comparisons to Lost. This doesn't sound at all the same so I can't see how Lost would over-shadow them or this new show. Both are well established actors long before Lost so anyone that would have a Lost hang-up would have to not be too familiar with their past performances, IMO. I love everything they both have done and I really miss seeing them on TV. I say, GO FOR IT!!

September 21 2010 at 3:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Yet I say it again, J.J. Abrams has been very busy, what is he trying to do buy the island from Lost?

Abrams+O'Quinn+Emerson+Giacchino=WIN.

September 20 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

I'd definitely like to see something with Terry O'Quinn in it. And I'd definitely like to see something with Michael Emerson in it.

Just maybe not together. They were so great in Lost, it would be hard to get that out of my head, and I'd be constantly comparing their new characters/relationship to the old one.

September 20 2010 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Simon

I'm in. Just the idea of watching Emerson and O'Quinn together again is exciting. The both of them have just got incredible onscreen presence...

September 20 2010 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply