April 17, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

The Situation Isn't So Bad on 'Dancing with the Stars' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 21st 2010 4:00AM
Mike We're pretty sure no one is ready to award the 'Dancing with the Stars' (Mon. 8PM on ABC) trophy to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino based on his first performance with professional partner Karina Smirnoff. But the judges seemed surprised by the reality star's potential, or that he had any.

"I'm in an awkward situation, Situation," said Len Goodman. "Because the thing is, I think you've got potential. You're young, you're fit. You've got every requirement to be a good dancer."

When The Situation got up to his usual 'Jersey Shore' antics, complimenting Len's shirt, Bruno Tonioli called him on it. "You're going to look like a jack*** if you carry on like that," he warned.

Tonioli seemed even more reluctant to offer any praise to the humbled Sorrentino, who stopped being "The Situation" for a moment and started actually listening. "There is something," he said. "There is a spark there somewhere. A very, very faint something that might be talent."

"I want to see what you bring back next week," Carrie Ann Inaba told him, before advising him to drop the 'Saturday Night Fever' John Travolta disco hands. "You've got to get rid of the '80s thing," she said. "I'm not sure. I think we're done with that now."

What did you think of Sorrentino's footwork? Were you surprised that The Situation had some sparks of grace and timing out there? Were you surprised he didn't demand a shirt that showed off his abs?

Annette

I think that everyone seems to be forgetting, that in addition to her limited dancing with Patrick Swayze, Jennifer is teamed with the incomperable, Derek. He is fantastic at teaching.

September 21 2010 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

This guy makes me want to PUKE! He's NOBODY! The only thing that's thrusting into the spot light is an over enhanced physique that in a few years will go to fat and yet he will still be nobody! That's the Situation! GET OVER HIMSELF!

September 21 2010 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robyn

I actually didnt think that the situation was all that bad with only 5 days of practice time. Bristol wasnt half bad either. Even with the weeks of training the Hoff and Michael bolten was awful. Hoff just thinks he is a sexy man and all he has to do is stand there and wiggle a bit and bolten is as stiff as a board. i loved kyle he was a breakout surprise. i loved jennifer, and brandi wasnt bad either. flo was a big surprise with her age. i think to go home the first few weeks needs to be margert who had no talent at all, comedy and dancing just dont go together, the huff because they dont have a stage big enough for that ego,and bolten just because he has no dance to him. those are my 3 first to go picks, but you know that hoff will be around for a long time because he is a big name to draw viewers in even if he cant dance.

September 21 2010 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gregory Schwartz

I've read about 75 comments in this blog. My observation: Are these the comments of American adults??? If so, we are ALL in trouble. If we can't communicate properly as adults, what are the communicating skills of our younger generation going to be like? There are rules to follow in the English language. Spelling, grammar and sentence structure are all important when trying to express our thoughts and it looks like a LOT of adults are seriously lacking in these skills. Such a shame how the English language is being massacred these days.
(like whatever happend to Ebonics? Tossed in the trash where it belongs.) - gregg in Sarasota, FL

September 21 2010 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peggy

This is for solongsocal: First, I was watching DWTS, second, I do not drink, therefore, I couldn't have been in a "drunker stupor" as you said. If you can't say anything positive why bother? Sad, you must have a very dismal life to be so negative.

September 21 2010 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
obamaisstinky

jeanie jeanie jeanie.
what are we going to do with you???
you say you have a lot to do today.
then why is your sorry ass writing comments the length of books and you continuously comment???!!
simply a dope...

September 21 2010 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

cool down everyone, this is not about politics, this is about people having fun.
@ Hugh, you have better things to do with your time but you are still watching the show.

September 21 2010 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelly

I dislike Sarah Palin immensely. However, I have to give credit to Bristol for her performance. She is not a dancer, obviously. However, she did very well and looked cute. At least she went out there and gave it her all ( without attitude ) and you couldn't help but like her. Compare that to Kate Gosselin, who had a HUGE chip on her shoulder and barely moved her butt across the floor. Good for Bristol. I can't stand her mother, but the kid is doing very nicely on the show so far.

September 21 2010 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelly

I was surprised at how well "The Situation" danced, especially since he had zero prep time. As a NJ shore native, I absolutely despise the show "Jersey Shore" and I think the cast is disgusting. NOT one of them is from New Jersey. All that aside, I think if "The Situation" makes an effort to get a little class, loses the attitude and becomes more "Dean Martin" than "Guido", he could stretch his 15 minutes of fame ( or infamy ) and actually have a career. He's not bad-looking. If he plays his cards right on DWTS, he just may create a more mainstream following and reinvent himself. He's not a bad dancer.

September 21 2010 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

Yes I do agree wuth the person that said The Situation was very pigeon toed.

September 21 2010 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply