October 30, 2014

'Warehouse 13' Season 2, Episode 12 (Season Finale) Recap

by Mike Moody, posted Sep 22nd 2010 6:35AM
'Warehouse 13'['Warehouse 13' - 'Reset']

'Warehouse 13'
shut the door on Season 2 with an enormously entertaining final hour. The season ended with an emotional cliffhanger that ruptured the show's warm and fuzzy family dynamic and left some of our major players in tears. It's gonna be a long, long year waiting for it to return to the tube.

So Artie was right after all: H.G. Wells turned out to be a bitter Big Bad waiting to happen, and her tricky turncoat ways caused Myka to doubt her role as a Warehouse agent. It's easy to sympathize with Myka's decision to leave the Warehouse and go on a vision quest: Her choice to trust H.G. almost led to the end of the world as we know it. That's gotta be a heavy load to carry. It certainly makes sense that Myka wasn't able to instantly forgive herself for allowing H.G. to weasel her way into the heart of the Warehouse.

Thankfully, Artie, Pete, Claudia and Leena are tighter than ever now, and even Mrs. Frederic seemed more comfortable playing the role of the team's mother hen. They're gonna need each other now more than ever to heal from the hurt of Myka's exit and the wounds left over from H.G.'s despicable deeds.

Jaime Murray will be missed as H.G. Wells. Here's hoping she pops up in Season 3 so Myka can get some closure (or so they can settle their differences in a no-holds barred mud wrestling match, either way works for me).

'Reset' may have ended on a downbeat note, but this episode was packed full of fun stuff, starting with Pete and Myka's escape from Warehouse 2, thanks in part to Daedalus's wings (awesome!) and a globetrotting Artie, a.k.a. "Jerusalem Jones."

Egypt's Warehouse 2 was teeming with cool and nerdy artifacts, like the 10 original Books of Plato (no chapter on flying, sadly), the Rod of Asclepius and an ancient spear that turned out to be part of the Minoan trident, "the original weapon of mass destruction." Anyone else want to see Pete and crew dig up all the other cool stuff that was buried under all that sand?

Artie and Claudia had a few memorable and tender moments. It seems Artie knew about Claudia's supposed destiny to become the next Warehouse Caretaker, but he told her that she, not the Warehouse, was in control of her destiny. Still, it was hard to believe Artie when he told her that nothing would be decided without her complete consent. He's the kind of guy who'll hide the scary truth from someone like Claudia if he thinks it's for her own good.

Poor Pete got a double punch to the chest with Myka quitting and Dr. Kelly hitting the road. Luckily, H.G. didn't kill Kelly, but it would've been nice to see Pete try to hold on to this relationship for a little while longer, if only to see him act all sweet and "girly" a few more times. The whole Kelly/Lizzie Borden Compact sequence felt a little out of place here, but at least we got to see Claudia save the day.

The final standoff between Myka and H.G. was probably the tensest scene we've ever seen on the show. It's still hard to believe that 'Warehouse 13,' with its silly case-of-the-week adventures and goofy geek culture jokes, could deliver such an unnerving moment with a baddie pressing a gun to someone's head for several minutes. But this is a special kind of show -- it's light but gripping, silly but smart, and funny but emotional. I can't wait to see what Season 3 has to offer.

Other Thoughts:

- So MacPherson's reason for debronzing H.G. was finally revealed. The reveal wasn't exactly an "OMG!" moment, but it made sense.

- Same goes for Leena's headaches/visions. They ended up being essential to unraveling the mystery, but I doubt the reveal really blew anyone away.

- You gotta love it when a show name-checks Plato, Atlantis, Poseidon and Jennifer Tilly all in one scene.

- The Regent didn't stick H.G. back in the Bronze Sector, so where did she go? Any theories? Let's hear 'em people, we got a few months to kill here.

katryn

I have to agree, I didn't like bad HG very much either. She was pretty cool when she was good though! I wanted to like her. I really did. Which is why I understand Myka! I'm usually on Myka's side, lol. She wanted so badly to believe that HG was good, and it nearly caused the world to 'reset'. (bad pun, sorry) So when she left--however upset I was--I totally understood it. HOWEVER, I am going to be extremely upset if she doesn't come back in season 3. Someone please tell me that Myka HAS to come back, right? On another note, I didn't think that the final showdown between HG and Myka was cheesy at all! I thought the acting was good. It's funny, people either seem to really like Joane Kelley's acting, or really dislike it. I personally am a fan of her portrayal of Myka. I really like Myka! Though in this final showdown there definitely could have been...more? Like, Myka could have totally taken HG down by brute force. We've seen this woman use some pretty sly moves in past episodes, why no action here?? HOWEVER, I did like the intensity of Myka having HG hold the gun to her head. VERY intense.

October 11 2010 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Please Hammer don\'t hurt \'em

I didn't really care for H.G. Wells to begin with. I liked her when she was good. But bad H.G. Wells is just kinda blah...

September 22 2010 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave Hough

For Season 3 Artie will start wearing that flashing bow tie he has on Jesse Stone. HG will move to MN and win Al Frankin's Senate seat. Myka will become one of the Knights Templar and Kelly is going to replace 13 on 'House'.

September 22 2010 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leroy

Shooting H.G. in the head would have killed Artie too. I don't think that would be good for the show at all.

September 22 2010 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Leroy's comment
Jamaul Johnson

are you sure shooting her in the head would've killed artie? I think that the vest only protected the parts that it covered, maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm not but this is warehouse 13 so who knows for sure

October 03 2010 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linzi

The vest protects whomever is wearing it from the person trying to harm them. So, if Myka had tried to harm her, she would have just hurt herself. There's another movie out there where two guys are fighting, and when they hit each other they get hurt too... I can't remember what it is for the life of me. Maybe it was X-Men or something.

January 11 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamaul Johnson

I didnt like the Myka/ HG showdown it was kinda corny and the acting there was horrible, they should've duked it out or myka should've just shot her in the head. I just hate its gonna be a loooooooong time before it comes back on air, i dont like the on 4 months off 8 schedule.

September 22 2010 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jamaul Johnson's comment
thempr

do you think myka drove all the way to canadia when she left the warehouse at the end of the show?

September 22 2010 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christina

Regarding Warehouse 13 getting a renewal, that tweet Jack Kenny posted was deleted. Apparently he jumped the gun. There has been no official renewal and it seems SyFy is being a bit tight-lipped about it.

As a fan, I am expecting it to come back. Considering it's one of SyFy's most popular shows, it only makes sense. Also after seeing the crowds that went out to see some of the actors at Dragon*Con, I hope the execs at SyFy don't make us wait longer than needed to find out about season 3.

They need to fix what happened in the ending!

September 22 2010 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

Turn her into stone using Medusa's Head? I can kind of understand her though. She tries numerous times to save her daughter. She gets bronzed for being a woman before her time (smart outspoken trailblazing). She gets unbronzed and realizes that she still cannot save her daughter and the world is not much better than when she left it. Grief, despair, anger. I feel sorry for her.

September 22 2010 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gina's comment
loudalmaso

thats why SHE says she got bronzed. we never heard the "official" explanation

September 22 2010 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anijade

Bet she gets made a Regent, she has too much valuable knowledge. With the Regents being more mystical perhaps they can keep a leash on her

September 22 2010 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
miles

She was sent to the Phantom Zone.

September 22 2010 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply