September 2, 2014

ABC Family Cancels 'Huge'

by Jean Bentley, posted Oct 4th 2010 5:40PM
'Huge'Add another show to the casualty pile: ABC Family has decided not to renew its summer series 'Huge,' Deadline reports.

The show, which starred Nikki Blonsky and Haley Hasselhoff as two overweight teens at fat camp -- ahem, weight-loss camp -- touched on the very complex issues surrounding the topic of weight in a refreshingly honest, sensitive and candid manner. But apparently that wasn't enough -- ratings steadily declined, and the network decided to cancel the show.

The last of 'Huge''s 10 episodes aired on Aug. 30 to only 1.45 million viewers, half as many as its lead-in, 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager,' according to TV By the Numbers.

'Pretty Little Liars,' which launched on the network at the same time, is already in production on the second half of its first season, and Deadline reports that a 'Melissa & Joey' renewal is "imminent."

Did you watch the show? Are you sad to see it gone?

christiania

That makes me mad! Make a show about about pregnant teens and the viewers are all over it! But make a show that concentrates on a serious issue thats needs to be addressed and people shut thier eyes and ears. im not saying teen pregnancy should be ignored but its just that we focus more on that then the issue with teen obesity. I want Huge back not just because it was an amazing show but because it addressed issue thats usually ignored.

July 22 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
floatawaywithme

This sucks! I loved that show... I watched it every week, along swith Secret Life, Make it or Break it, and Pretty Little Liars... PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

July 10 2011 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angelsadangel

please bring huge back i love that show

March 16 2011 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebekah Olivarez

I would like to know if Friday Night Lights is still airing and if so, where and what time? Thanks!

October 19 2010 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebekah Olivarez

What happened to Friday Night Lights? Where is it showing now? It was on ABC Family Channel at 5:00 P.M. then went to 10:00 A.M. -- now today it was not shown at all as far as we could determine... Please let me know something -- "good" -- I "hope"... Thanks!

October 19 2010 at 1:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elise

that's terrible. there is not ONE other show with such a positive and nuanced portrayal of teens. ...not that anyone at abc family would care about that.

October 05 2010 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abbenormal

This breaks my heart. What an amazingly well done and thoughtful show. The cast was amazing. I hope to see a lot more from Ari Stidham and Harvey Guillen.

October 05 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

One of the best shows on television. Screw ABC Family for this.

October 05 2010 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alk02g

I'm really sad to see it gone! I loved the first season and was really looking forward to the next.

October 04 2010 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply