July 23, 2014

'Family Feud's' Best Freudian Slip Yet (VIDEO)

by Ryan McKee, posted Oct 4th 2010 4:35PM
Family Feud"Name a body part that is bigger now than when you were 16?"

It sounds like 'Family Feud' was trying to elicit a little randiness with this question. They could count on someone at least blushing and a few snickers from the peanut gallery. However, they probably didn't expect the razor focus of the contestant when answering.

It is not that the contestant says the word; it's the quick frankness of her tone. Her voice is as sharp and even as if she just said, "Peanut" or "Prius." And then she doesn't even look up, just says it in her zone, ready for the next question. Of course, Steve Harvey couldn't let it slide and goes all "Harvey" about it.

Jan Crump

I didn't know this show was still on the air and with Steve Harvey as the host?? Richard Dawson wouldn't have blinked at that until the clock and other questions were over, then he would have commented on it. I think they were looking for answers more like muscles, height, etc. but, yeah, penis works!! lol I would have liked to see the votes. Also, I hope they put the clock back to where it was when she completed the answer and let her finish. Steve seemed to go more for laughs than the professionalism of the show. That's not fair to contestants. Hosts need to be ready for anything and show no reaction.

October 05 2010 at 9:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

I'm sure they were thinking more along the lines of "butt" or "legs" or "gut" when they asked.

I didn't even know this was still on the air...

October 04 2010 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Z3Relic

It's not like this wasn't set up for that answer. So it just doesn't seem that funny.

October 04 2010 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hank

To me, that's not a Freudian slip. It's a damned good answer.
"We asked 100 men to name a body part that's bigger now then when they were 16"
A Freudian slip would be if she said 'penis' when she wanted to say 'pen'.

October 04 2010 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hank's comment
Patrick R

What Hank said... It's not really a Freudian slip if the person says exactly what they intended. And frankly, I don't believe for a second that not a single person out of 100 people surveyed gave the same answer. I'm not being childish -- it's just entirely true.

October 06 2010 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply