October 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Barbara Walters Mistakenly Calls Margaret Cho 'Gay' on 'The View' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Oct 5th 2010 4:15PM
Oops! Even long-time broadcast journalists sometimes get their facts wrong.

On 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated), Barbara Walters mistakenly referred to 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant Margaret Cho as "openly gay" because of her recent comments about gay suicide prevention on 'DWTS.'

Walters hastily retracted her statement after being corrected by her co-hosts. "I take that back ... The reason I thought so is that she talked about gay suicide," she said, referring to Cho's statement that her samba dance number was meant to "celebrate pride" and raise awareness of "tough times in the gay community."

susan

Barbara Walters has NO class. When Ivana Trump was on the View show, Barbara asked Ivana and Donald's daugter what she thought about her father (Donald) saying "It was the best sex he ever had"...with Marla. Now - what kind of a question is that to ask anyone's daughter? Barbara is CRASS and NO CLASS.

October 07 2010 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

If you were a gay twee what kind of gay twee would you be?

October 06 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doc

Barbara would know.

October 06 2010 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rihoba

after reading all these replys i can,t agree more
i hope the view reads them.

October 06 2010 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

BABWA IS A OLD WASHED UP HO !

October 06 2010 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Billye Otto

Yes, I am old, but I like the view, and all who are on it. I think Barbara is a classy lady and I have a lot of respect for her. I love Whoopi. I really enjoy the whole show. Others must. Its been on for 11 years.

October 06 2010 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lois

Margaret Cho is a overly tatooed dyke. Dancing with the stars gave her a good costume to cover up her ugly tatoos..Tried to make her look feminine, which she is not.

October 06 2010 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lois

Barbara wasn'nt wrong. Cho is gay ! The View is OK, but they should rid of big mouthed obnxious Whoopie Goldberg. She thinks she knows it all and never shuts up. No class !!!

October 06 2010 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cyndi

I do not understand WHY the View is still on. Their ratings are number one! so that explains why...It is quite obvious to me that there are many hundreds of viewers (no pun intended) ...I cannot tolerate Joy Behar and Barbara Walters...Mostly Behar, everything is a joke with her and she is far less than funny...
Whoppi, Sherry, Joy and Barbara are all Lefty liberals and are so rude to anyone who is not!
This is a program to share Views?? I think NOT!

October 06 2010 at 12:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

Margaret Cho is fabulous. She is genuine, funny and has a heart. Who cares if she is gay, bi or straight..the questions is...Is she wonderful, sweet, funny and a great human being. If the answer is "yes" then who cares what her sexual orientation is. It shouldn't be news and it shouldn't be an an issue.

October 06 2010 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply