December 18, 2014

Snickers Makes Creepiest Candy Commercial Yet (VIDEO)

by Ryan McKee, posted Oct 5th 2010 4:10PM
Don Draper has shown us the difficultly of putting an artistic touch in advertising. Well, Snickers has nailed it with a Halloween commercial that is both oddly hilarious and creepy as hell.

The shopper reacts like any of us would if we were accosted by a seven-foot tall, insane person with a pushy love of candy who knows us by name.

You can't really scream, but you would feel shivers through your entire body while walking briskly the other way. And what do you say once you get to the register? That you don't want that many Snickers? Do you tell management what you just saw at the risk of sound crazy yourself?

Sure, we've over-thought this 30-second commercial, but that's our job.

gennie

Well, I feel like the odd man out. When I saw the article, I was trying to see the creepy commercial. Of course it might just be my own inate insanity but I assumed it was kids from the get go, making it just a cute commercial to me.

October 07 2010 at 12:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirleyA

The man, monster or whatever looks like my
cousin David Jr in drag!

October 06 2010 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
t924

I don't think it is any scarier than the Burger King guy. That guy is scaaarrry.

October 06 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

trick or treat.

October 06 2010 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ED

Yum yum..I liked this commercial...It made me wanna go and get me some Snickers Candy

October 06 2010 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RichardMHunterSr

The ad is OK, but the kid on the bottom looses his line about going to her house. The director screwed up the punch line! Probably a face forward - louder voice - you can't hear him - and a grin instead of a stare - would have helped. It could be a better than decent ad.

October 06 2010 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry

We have things on our web site a lot more creepier than this, we have actual proof that ghost does exist, check out LOUISVILLE PARANORMAL INVESTIGATIONS AND LOOK AT THE best of LPI page, REAL GHOST FOOTAGE AND PHOTOS

October 06 2010 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

GLAD TO SEE THAT MY FIRST WIFE IS GETTING WORK

October 06 2010 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BJ Hughes

the creepiest candy commercial I've seen is the one where the tree is growing out of the man's tummy, and mama tickles him to make more of the candy fall to the ground... that's just gross!

October 06 2010 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ratbert

Looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein- the "cat lady" of plastic surgery fame...

October 06 2010 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply