August 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Could Jimmy Fallon and Tom Selleck Be Related? They Compare Mustaches (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Oct 6th 2010 5:20AM
Tom Selleck, Fallon Compare Mustaches on 'Late Night'When Jimmy Fallon hosted the Primetime Emmys last August, he introduced Tom Selleck as "my real father" and hugged him -- much to the surprise of Selleck. Not that the 'Blue Bloods' actor thought it was some nationally televised family revelation. Just that he was backstage and didn't hear Fallon say that.

So the hug was rather confusing. "I see this figure in white, coming out from my peripheral vision -- dashing at me -- and I go, 'It's an ax murderer,'" joked Selleck. "And then suddenly I was in your arms."

Fallon was eager to apologize for the confusion when Selleck visited 'Late Night' (weeknights, 12:37AM ET on NBC). Then the host donned a mustache to see if they really could pass as father and son. What do you think?

YO

who watches this crap anyway...o, lazy people ...lol

October 06 2010 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YO

they both suck...lol

October 06 2010 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Tom Selleck can be my daddy anyday !! lol lol

October 06 2010 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
Charlene

Not my daddy but if he weren't married, mmm he's hot!

October 06 2010 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pat

Now if Jimmy had dimples........but nah still not as good looking

October 06 2010 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbi

I remember Tom from the soap, Young & Restless...lo those many years ago :) and yes, he was drop dead sexy then too..

October 06 2010 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
p

I remember Selleck on a Dentyne commercial and then he moved on to "Coma" 1978 movie.

October 06 2010 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YO

Jimmy Fallon? who is this guy?
Tom should be in a nursing home...lol

this is tv? lol

October 06 2010 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to YO's comment
J Carver

And on what mental ward, are you? No visitors, I guess.

October 06 2010 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pattie

I have always thought Tom Selleck was a handsome man & I love his new show Blue Bloods. I will miss Jessie Stone, but time moves on. Thomas is still my favorite actor :)

October 06 2010 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Pattie's comment
kevin

The Jesse Stone movies are not over. They have already filmed another one which will be released later this year.

October 06 2010 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane L

Regarding Whoopi's complaint about lack of civility. She is the Queen of incivility. She only things other people are obligated to be civil. She is above that. The Queen is not required to be civil to us "civilians," we "civilians" are obligated to be civil to her and actually show deference and awe before he self-preceived magnificance.

October 06 2010 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia

The line beneath the headline for this story says, "Host joked during the Emmys that the actor and him were related. So they decided to see if the theory was true."

"...the actor and him were related!!!" Don't the writers for tv squad have degrees from some J school? Or diplomas from some high school? Did they at least finish 8th grade?

October 06 2010 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply