April 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

David Archuleta Talks New 'Idol' Judges on 'Regis and Kelly' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Oct 6th 2010 4:45PM
'American Idol' runner-up David Archuleta appeared on 'Live With Regis and Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated) to perform live and promote his new album 'The Other Side of Down,' and, inevitably, he was asked to weigh in on new 'Idol' judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

"I think it's kind of exciting," Archuleta said. "They're both very talented. They've both worked very hard in their lives to get where they are. I love [that] they're having a Latina on the judge panel with Jennifer Lopez and then a rocker with Steven Tyler."

"I think it'll be cool," he continued, "because they both have different audiences that I think they'll bring in."

When asked by Kelly Ripa whether he could envision himself as a guest judge responsible for critiquing people, Archuleta was noncommittal and typically self-effacing. "I don't know. I don't know if I'd be the best judge. The problem is I talk too much ... without getting to the point," he said.

sylvie

The new judges have got to be an improvement over Kara and Ellen, they weren't very good to say the least. Archuleta's performance of Elevator was very enjoyable, good song. He's more mature, looking older and sounding great!

October 07 2010 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DB

It is sad to see that a TV show that has run is course is afraid to exit stage left and call it a day. At this point is is not going to matter who the judges are because the luster is gone and the ratings will continue to decline until it will have to be pulled in a downward spiral of dismal ratings.

October 07 2010 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terrell E

I love David. Amazing talent. I just wish he would lose the kewpie-doll hairdo.

October 07 2010 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

I've lost all interest in that show. The new lineup of judges do not impress me.

October 07 2010 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Steve's comment
Bobbi

Sad to say, I agree. Haven't watched more than 3 or 4 episodes in the last 2 seasons.. Smart mouth and rude 'what's his name' completely killed any interest I had in the show.

October 07 2010 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply