July 24, 2014

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Joins 'Good Morning America'

by Jean Bentley, posted Oct 7th 2010 6:40PM
Elisabeth HasselbeckCan't get enough of Elisabeth Hasselbeck? You're in luck -- starting on Monday, you'll be able to see Hasselbeck on two ABC morning shows.

The network announced today that 'The View' host has been tapped as the newest contributor to 'Good Morning America.'

Don't worry -- she won't be leaving 'The View' behind. Hasselbeck will pull double duty, continuing to host 'The View' while also contributing family issues stories to 'GMA.' Her second gig will start with a report on children and tattoos -- "the dangers and the alternatives, as well as how parents should handle kids who come to them begging for one. Hasselbeck will also look at the growing trend of parents and kids getting tattoos together," according to ABC's press release.

"I am thrilled to join the 'Good Morning America' team, and I am thankful for this opportunity to raise awareness and explore the most important issues facing parents and children," Hasselbeck said in a statement.

"Elisabeth brings a very distinctive style and unique perspective that fits well with the broadcast," said 'GMA' executive producer Jim Murphy said.

What do you think about Hasselbeck appearing on 'GMA'? Do you watch either (or both) of the shows?

lkarchella

I think isn't a good idea she should just stay on view and keep her two cents there i probably would not watch her!!!

November 01 2011 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brooksdab2

Can't stand Elizabeth. we will not watch her. Bad choice

January 21 2011 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Coffman

Although Good Morning America with Robin, George & Sam was our favorite morning news show, we have not watched it as a result of Elisabeth Hasselbeck being hired on there. We simply cannot stand how rude she is on The View and will not watch her on ANOTHER show. We've switched to The Today Show. What a shame!

January 07 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

Stopped watching the view after her arrival. Can't stand her. Big mistake GMA huge! Didn't you look at her ratings before you chose a candidate? I already know what her story about parenting and tatoos will be. She had kids under the age of 4. I'm pretty sure she has never had experience with parenting and tatoos. NEXT....

October 14 2010 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

Great choice- She has a great perspective 90% of the time. I am a little tired of all the tv personalities double-dipping- with unemployment off the charts, isn't one job enough for everyone???

October 14 2010 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna Caroll

I turned GMA off after WABC turned cable off in its dispute with Cablevision. No regrets since and with Hasselback on GMA, I'm spared more insulting programming from this juvenile run station!

October 14 2010 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kariann1

Where does this woman have time to appear on two shows when she has three young children at home? Give the job to someone else who is not so polarizing. This is a big mistake.

October 14 2010 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
berryfast

I just pray she leaves the VIEW...I can't stand her..Good Morning America deserves her...now 2 morning shows I will not watch!!!!!!!!

October 14 2010 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

Well, I don't like Elizabeth either, so I guess I won't be watching GMA. I do watch the View once in a while, but as soon as Elizabeth starts talking, I turn the TV off.

October 13 2010 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolcew

Hey, I just thought of something. If Ms Hasselbeck is on a news show, does that qualify her as a journalist? That would mean she has to pretend to be neutral.

Yeah, I know, she's no journalist and that's not her position on ABC. Just a dream, just a dream...

October 13 2010 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply